Author Topic: Clan[MotE]  (Read 223436 times)

Introduction

A long time ago, there was an evil sorcerer named Radical, who ate babies for breakfast. One day, he decided he wanted a gang of merry men to terrorize the peaceful land which we call Blockland. He named his gang of merry men MotE, and after many years, MotE had grown to a baby eating armada.

Today, MotE is one of the oldest and most respected Blockland clans, and in our long (in Internet terms) history, we've had a few remarkable events.

History

The first is the Great Purge. Because MotE was getting filled with inactive members and crappy builders, Radical decided that everyone would be kicked from MotE and would have to reapply. This happened some time in the early 1900s.

The second event was the Great Split. On the 24th of February, 2007, MotE was split by the release of retail. So Radical came up with a brilliant idea: MotE was split into three divisions: Blockland, general FPS games and Garry's mod. Elections were held so leaders of the three divisions were in place. Randy was picked to lead Blockland and picked Spation and TheGeek as his co-leaders.

Fortunately, unlike the other two divisions, the Blockland division has been experiencing a tremendous growth after the Great Split, and is now an immensely active clan.

Traditions

Like most groups that are fairly old, we have a couple of traditions:

• Suits: although not a requirement, it would be nice if your Blockland avatar wears a suit. In the RTB days, almost every member wore a suit and a suitcase in his hand, but evil Badspot removed the suitcase from Blockland, so now the suit decal is all we've got left. You may also have noticed that the MotE logo is a tie, this also originates from this tradition.
  • Mansions: every now and then, the MotE members make a mansion group build. Traditionally, the mansion is so big, it starts to lag when the exterior is done. MotE mansions always have vacant rooms, which members can then claim and then decorate. However, we haven't had a mansion yet where there were enough rooms, and there's always bitching about who get what room. The point is: first come, first serve. Spation usually has the smallest room, hidden under stairs.
  • Banning: MotE members have the reputation of being cruel admins, and we're often nicknamed badmins. Back in the days of RTB, several MotE members had over 40 people on their permanent ban list. Nowadays, banning happens less frequently, mostly because pinking doesn't work very well any more, hammer noobs are rare because of the trust system, and because the first wave of handicaps has already been stopped by the fact that Blockland costs $20 now.

Members

Blacklist

(In the file attached)
Please note that this file is not updated often and some people may be banned from the server but not on the blacklist.

Rules

Clan Rules
  • Do not unban anyone
  • Do not change the map without asking in the MotE topic
  • Do not clear all bricks without asking in the MotE topic
  • Don't mess with other people's print bricks

Server Rules Thanks KINEX :cookie:
  • These are no rules, these are guidelines
  • It's a priviledge to play on this server, not a right
  • A badmin is always right ...unless a super badmin says he's wrong
  • No pinking
  • No bitching/whining/crying
  • No random trust invites
  • No lonesome spawns
  • If you've built only 5 bricks, clean up after yourself
  • We reserve the right to delete your build if it's crappy or if it doesn't fit the theme
  • It is your responsibility to save your build
  • If you're lagging you may be kicked or banned
  • If the server is full and someone important wants to join, you may be kicked or banned.

Become a Member

Unfortunately, applications will no longer be accepted, as all spaces are filled. If you feel you are definite MotE material, and that this obstruction is unjustified contact a member of MotE's governing body for further information.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:48:51 PM by Randy »

First post! Yay, looks good.

Can I have a room in the mansion/morgue please. :-D

Don't name your server "[MotE] Primary" please.
Unless you want to be totally unoriginal and rip something [USSR] has been doing for years.

I told Geek not to call it that.

Yay, we've been needing one of these for quite a while now, well not really i just always wanted to see one.

Getting in to MotE is my ultimate BL goal, but I'm not a good enough builder, so I guess it won't be happening anytime soon. That is, unless I'm invited... :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:48:32 PM by frodo091 »

I'd like to join MotE. I would rejoin USSR, but I feel as though my connection to the guild itself has been permanently severed. I've known MotE members for quite some time, and have always loved the clans work and members.

You said you could get in by invitation, if this is the case I would like to get in that way, as it is faster, if not, I'll have to finish my apartment so I can use that as my app. Anyways, tell me if I'm in or if I need an app.

P.S. Do you allow people to join a second clan? I would much like to join GDR as well.

Well, I saw someone else with GDR and MotE. I'm pretty sure of that.

Well, I saw someone else with GDR and MotE. I'm pretty sure of that.
That would have been Adio. Radical invented a string of silly rules and useless functions: like the "no multi-clanning" rule and the "peacekeeper" (which is Sensei). He let us appoint a leader for the blockland division of MotE, because he couldn't/wouldn't buy blockland, and that leader became Randy. The blockland division has been growing ever since, while the other two divisions are dying/dead. Then, after months of absence he suddenly pops up in blockland for one day, and starts making more stupid rules (peacekeeper), and disappears again. To be honest, I don't think Radical should meddle with how the blockland division is run, we've been without him for months, and Randy has done a brilliant job. Point is, Radical is almost never online, and we certainly won't kick you out of MotE for multi-clanning, as most of us think it's an outdated rule.

It's always good to be part of a group. :-D

Alright, good.  :cookieMonster:

So, now what? Do I need to make an app or am I in? My previous question was never really answered.

Alright, good.  :cookieMonster:

So, now what? Do I need to make an app or am I in? My previous question was never really answered.
You need to make an app.

Alright, well I will have to get working on my apartment then.