Author Topic: BJwayMods Needs Your Help!  (Read 11583 times)

Well, after doing some work and getting a new theme for my site BJwayMods Media, I asked a favor from a friend of mine and he is providing hosting for it.  But, his server is not capable of hosting bjwaymods.net.  So, I have decided to start a donation campaign to pay for a host for bjwaymods.net.  Since I keep getting shut down because of TOS violations I've decided to set my sights on getting a more expensive dedicated hosting plan.  I don't have the funds for this so I have added a donate button to the lower right side of the site.  All of your accounts are still there so just log in and hang out in the forums (please note I am still working on the theme changes). 

Temp Link: http://bjway.itools.co.il
Official Domain: http://www.bjwaymods-media.com

I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't.
I'm broke.  :panda:

Badspot

• Administrator
Dude just let this stuff die.  I told you that it was a bad idea in the very beginning.  There are like a hundred free upload sites available for people to use that are infinitely more reliable.  You've really caused a huge amount of damage.  It's over.  You failed. 

Dude just let this ice cream die.  I told you that it was a bad idea in the very beginning.  There are like a hundred free upload sites available for people to use that are infinitely more reliable.  You've really caused a huge amount of damage.  It's over.  You failed. 

Bjwaymods is the fastest and less crappy uploading service i've seen, all others have popups and need you to wait half an hour to start your download, or go through 5 different pages and say no to 12 different 'great offers'.

Dude just let this ice cream die.  I told you that it was a bad idea in the very beginning.  There are like a hundred free upload sites available for people to use that are infinitely more reliable.  You've really caused a huge amount of damage.  It's over.  You failed. 

Bjwaymods is the fastest and less crappy uploading service i've seen, all others have popups and need you to wait half an hour to start your download, or go through 5 different pages and say no to 12 different 'great offers'.
atleast they don't shut down and loose every file over and over again >: (

Badspot

• Administrator
RapidShare, MegaUpload, and MediaFire all work just fine and only make you wait a bit before downloading - but you get your file.  They are actual businesses funded by advertising. 

This on the other hand, is just a lame excuse to beg for money.  Dedicated hosting plans cost money every month.  You're not going to find a decent one for less than $50/month.  What's your revenue plan?  Have people donate every month?  As recent events have proven, reliability is the most important factor in file hosting and if you're relying on pan-handling to pay your bills every month we're just going to lose everything again down the road. 

Why would anyone donate to you when for 60 bucks they could get a year of rapid share premium and not only upload infinite files, but download infinite research as well.  In fact - why don't you just do that?

Him asking for money is just the start. No one can make a upload site without money backing in some way, shape, or form.

• RapidShare - Unless you have an account like me you have to wait 140 Mins per download
  • MegaUpload - I don't like waiting
  • MediaFire - Best over the rest
  • BJ's upload - It was convenient

Having all of Blockland's mods hosted on one site was an accident waiting to happen.

We have seen the effect that the loss of BJwaymods had on the forums. Practically every thread for every mod was bombarded with requests for reuploads.

I agree (yet again) with Badspot. Restarting/creating a singular database/hosting service is liability we can't afford.

I would of probably donated but sadly im broke

RapidShare, MegaUpload, and MediaFire all work just fine and only make you wait a bit before downloading - but you get your file.  They are actual businesses funded by advertising. 

This on the other hand, is just a lame excuse to beg for money.  Dedicated hosting plans cost money every month.  You're not going to find a decent one for less than $50/month.  What's your revenue plan?  Have people donate every month?  As recent events have proven, reliability is the most important factor in file hosting and if you're relying on pan-handling to pay your bills every month we're just going to lose everything again down the road. 

Why would anyone donate to you when for 60 bucks they could get a year of rapid share premium and not only upload infinite files, but download infinite research as well.  In fact - why don't you just do that?
First of all, my goal is to have dedicated hosting, if that goal is not met, then I'd get the best plan I could get with the money earned.  If you think I'm being lazy and not helping pay for it, you are wrong.  I've been trying to get a job since June and I am still unemployed.  When Dreamhost disabled my account they said it was non-refundable and I lost 10 months worth of payments.  And no, I will not charge monthly, you donate as often as you like.

Secondly, my hosting is reliable as long as everyone follows the TOS I have provided on the front page.  It is because of people who decided to upload TV shows that all of you lost your files.

Also, what makes you think it was a "Blockland" Upload Service?  I made it for anyone to use and it was used by multiple communities.   

Also, can't you draw your own research with that snake shaped pencil over there on your desk?
Him asking for money is just the start. No one can make a upload site without money backing in some way, shape, or form.
Me asking for money will likely be a one time deal.  The BJwayMods Staff and I have been thinking of ways to reward people who donate too.  I buy a year hosting plan right away and that gives me a year to save up the $120 for the next year and this time I had 2 months and I have around $15.

Also, I get charged the same amount of money for my Upload Service as any other site I host.  I don't get charged extra.

Well it didn't have the crappy 10-50kb/s download speeds that a fair few hosting services do.