Author Topic: SnowCliff Territory [Linear CP TDM Map] [Save + Setup Released]  (Read 6401 times)

[[Save has been released]]

Overview
This TDM is structured like a TF2-CP map; capture points must be captured in order, and once capturing the final point, the capturing team wins. There are 5 points in the map; one inside the tunnel where the Special Forces spawn, one in each warehouse, one in the loading bay at the main cliff entrance, and one in the rear of the cliff base.

Special Forces start out with one CP, within a tunnel. After a 10-second prep period, they must fight their way and capture the Large Warehouse CP, Small Warehouse CP, Loading Bay CP, and Reactor CP. They spawn within the tunnel, near the Large Warehouse CP.

Terrorists start out holding all the CP's except for the Special Forces APC CP, which on capture will win them the match.
They, however, spawn deep within the cliffside, making a quick attack on the Special Forces spawn unlikely and unfeasible. Their proximity to the Loading Bay CP and Reactor CP put them at an advantage in defense, though.

Each team has classes (listed below), each which correspond to its counterpart on the other team. The weapons aren't exactly the same, to spice things up.

The team with the most points by the end of the round win, if neither team captures the last CP. Each CP captured wins the capturing team 5 points. Kills are worth 1 point.

Classes:
Terrorists:Special Forces:
Guard: Bullpup, Classic Machine Pistol, Conc' Grenade (3), Stick Grenade (2), SyringeAssault: Compact Bullpup, Modern Machine Pistol, Conc' Grenade (3), Stick Grenade (2), Syringe
Sharpshooter: Classic Sniper Rifle, Modern SMG, Molotov (1), SyringeSniper: Sniper Rifle, Silenced SMG, Stick Grenade (2), Syringe
Suppressor: Blocky LMG, Snubnose, Stick Grenade (2), SyringeClose Quarters: Combat Shotgun, Magnum, Stick Grenade (2), Syringe
Explosives: RPG (1 spare rocket), Conc' Grenade (3), Retro Pistol, SyringeDemolitions: Grenade Launcher (1 spare rocket), Conc' Grenade (3), Modern Pistol, Syringe
Engineer: Pump Shotgun, Micro SMG, Toolkit - MG, Welder, ControllerSupport: Riot Shotgun, Modern SMG, Toolkit - Rifle, Welder, Controller

Credits:

poo/Paraplegic (20307)
Badger
I have not
Kinko
Phillip (24585)
Tlp3000 (7367)

If I left your name out and used your builds, let me know and I'll credit you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:24:07 PM by Conan »

the boundaries.... conan i expect better from you!

Boundaries are stuff. Redo them as cubescape then cover the sides with zone bricks that have collision on.

Boundaries are stuff. Redo them as cubescape then cover the sides with zone bricks that have collision on.
>read note

i'm not one to satisfy myself with that kind of barriers; they are just there temporarily so gameplay can be tested. no use spending time on terrain that eventually will have to be removed due to balancing issues.

I hear someone needs vehicles for this.
I'll make the ones you requested tomorrow.

Gameplay here was a blast.

i'm not one to satisfy myself with that kind of barriers; they are just there temporarily so gameplay can be tested.
why post it in gallery, then

why post it in gallery, then
Because my chronically-empty server prevents me from finishing it (balancing at least).

And, since I'd like some gameplay pictures and only raising awareness of the build can help build a playerbase for this

Cubescaping is not terrain to me.
conan i expect better from you!

Cubescaping is not terrain to me.
Just because there is better doesn't mean it's smart to do so. Understand that if I went brickscape this would take 5x the time, which i don't have, and unnecessarily increase the brickcount by the same factor. Just because it's not as pretty doesn't make it any stufftier; it's all based on the goal of the build (here it is to provide fun gameplay, which it does at an economical brickcount of less than 9k)

Part of being good is being accepting of all styles and be encouraging rather than "this is stuff I expect better." I just don't have the time to do suh better things.

You may take this as an excuse but please goddamn at least try to understand why I chose cubescape rather than brickscape instead of forcing me to write out these minirants every time you don't think a little deeper. This is directed to everyone's builds vs their building skills, not only this build vs my building skills

Holy De-ja-vu! This reminds me of a TDM, long ago, in the foothills of slate. Anyway, pretty cool. 

additional detailing will be done by friday or so.

Looks very nice, lots of vertical combat..

Hope you found good use with my Carrier.

Looks very nice, lots of vertical combat..

Hope you found good use with my Carrier.
yeah I did; after furdle gets his vehicles done then I can take decent pictures of it.

awesome time today; rebalancing in progress.

to-do:
  • Have a cooldown time for Engineer/Support class, of around 30 seconds
  • Buff the assault/guard class with an extra weapon or grenade
  • Add a controller to the Engineer/Support class
  • Add a secondary exit point in the main road in the fence on the side so Special Forces isn't bottlenecked into the same exit point
  • Add ammo in the Special Forces APC
  • Adjust some cliff item spawns and setups, and remove the LMG in the cove.
  • Set up a setup period for the minigame to force people to plan out somewhat