Should I be a Youtube Partner?

Poll

Should I?

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Should I be a Youtube Partner?  (Read 2822 times)

I got a message on Youtube saying that I am able to be a partner, but I'm not sure what are the cons of being one, I heard that if you have any videos with copyrighted music it will be deleted, I searched to see which are the cons and I can't find good results.

Do it if you feel it's a good idea.
I don't really care if you do.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:40:09 PM by Badspot »

really? holy stuff. i remember when you first started making youtube videos. wow.

If you make a video and monetize it you can become a YouTube partner. To monetize a video it can not have any copy-righted content in it. You must only monetize one to become a partner. When a video is monetized it has adverts.

When you become a partner you get access to things such as custom video thumbnails and generally more customization on your channel.

I think that's right anyway, correct me if I'm wrong guys.

yeah freeze is pretty much right

Do it if you feel it's a good idea.
I don't really care if you do.
That's not very nice, I'm just asking if it's worth to be a Partner, I don't want to lose some videos of mine because of Copyrighted issues or something

I think it's generally a good idea. Just do your best to avoid copyright infringement and you're set.

Yeah but, all I need to know if my videos with copyrighted music will be deleted or not, if that's not true then I want to join

Wait does that mean I'm a partner? I can choose to upload custom thumbnails and stuff.

It's a good plan to make a video specifically with hardly anything in it, monetize it and then reap the rewards.
Don't bother monetizing other videos, it's much better to wait till you're getting a lot of views then sign up to a network and get money from your videos that way.

Yeah but, all I need to know if my videos with copyrighted music will be deleted or not, if that's not true then I want to join
Only videos that are monetized are affected by the copyright deletion act.

don't you get a custom banner and stuff?
damn i've always wanted that. :c

That's not very nice, I'm just asking if it's worth to be a Partner, I don't want to lose some videos of mine because of Copyrighted issues or something
I wasn't trying to come off as offensive, I just meant that I won't mind if you decide to be a partner.

Don't you get paid for becoming a youtube partner?
The only down side i know of is having adverts on your videos.

yes  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:s for you

yes  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:s for you
i dont think that is enough cookies....