Poll

How do you want Rykuta to wrap this up?

Finish up with the 12 or so models already made, and release as a public set.
32 (43.8%)
Backtrack and grab a bunch of old models and mix and match with new to release the full 24+ weaponset you guys have been expecting.
36 (49.3%)
Release all finished codes to the public without doing anything to the current set, let the fans sort things out the way they want.
4 (5.5%)
Other, please post.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Hells&Khain Weaponry  (Read 206286 times)

The key problem with ironsights is that they add an unnecessary amount of datablocks to a lot of weapons, as a weaponset there are already a lot of datablocks in use and I'm certain a lot of Blockland folk are close to that arbitrary limit; I know I myself have managed to somehow hit it using only brick add-ons (and I still can't load every build in the game correctly). So ironsights are just clunkily impractical.

then add a zoomed view, idk.

then add a zoomed view, idk.
It's called pressing the F button and holding it. In a game where you can zoom to any range by default, and this feature cannot be deactivated without some really trippy loop codes, having anything that just purely changes zoom for some mechanical purpose just, doesn't make any sense.

It's called pressing the F button and holding it. In a game where you can zoom to any range by default, and this feature cannot be deactivated without some really trippy loop codes, having anything that just purely changes zoom for some mechanical purpose just, doesn't make any sense.

setting the player camera's above the gun?

That requires Datablocks I think.

you can't do that without adding a new image, which requires datablocks

i like the idea of ironsights but it's just eyecandy
i also like eyecandy
rykuta do it

Idk I also thought it always looked weird how the model just teleported to your face and stayed fixed dead center

Idk I also thought it always looked weird how the model just teleported to your face and stayed fixed dead center
it's actually better that a view offset is usually used because imagine the gun bobbing up in down and the camera clipping into the model!

That would require the creation of an AI player that is constantly set in a position relative to the original player, then setting the client in partial control over it. (This technique was used for the original 2D playertype, as well as the TOP-DOWN playertype, however, it is buggy as all hell :D)

you can't do that without adding a new image, which requires datablocks

i like the idea of ironsights but it's just eyecandy
i also like eyecandy
rykuta do it
damn it. now this? i now cant think of any weapon pack that cant have an ironsight system.

damn it. now this? i now cant think of any weapon pack that cant have an ironsight system.

T+T but it sucks

aiming down sights w/ 1 hand cOME on CAN

Whenever I try to fire it just makes a click and doesn't fire. I have tried troubleshooting. Can I have some help?

I disabled T+T and all that. I looked for an ammo pile item but couldn't find one?

I disabled T+T and all that. I looked for an ammo pile item but couldn't find one?
I thought you can just reload infinitely

He's having an extremely weird glitch that I have no idea how it could even possibly occur. I'm convinced its something to do with some conflicting gun script somewhere in his add-ons. I recommend you try using all defaults except the weaponset, and if it's still broken then I shall declare confusion.