Blockland Forums Awards 2012 - A surprise award is given!

Author Topic: Blockland Forums Awards 2012 - A surprise award is given!  (Read 20181 times)

BLOCKLAND FORUMS AWARDS 2012
Celebrating the best of the worst!

Before we start, I'd like to point out that this isn't really an awards show, but more of a joke awards show, with categories that will change every year. Some categories are serious while others aren't.
I'd also like to point out that every category except Best Avatar is my opinion, so don't go raging if something you produced wasn't on there.
Click names for links to topics.
BEGIN

BEST APOLOGY 2012
Quote from: Tyler799
Hello, my name is Tyler Shellberg, otherwise known as Tyler799 on Blockland, and this message is one in apology to all effected:

I have a lot of things to be sorry about, first of all is my 'Let's Ride A Train" server that has been blowing up recently.
Not just metaphorically either, literally.
I have had a lot of people joining, I lost many builds due to unforeseen issues, and had my trust broken by those closest to me, thus I had to remove any adminship or trust remaining. I really got worked up, and upset at a lot of people, and for everyone and anyone involved, I am deeply sorry, and I have unbanned everyone from it as well, though I doubt I'm hosting anytime soon.

The second is an apology to Razor and AeroMcFly,
I got very upset at them over a more or less trivial matter, and wether or not I was accused, I should have kept a calm head during the situation, and I hope they can both accept that. In any case, my swearing was unnecessary.
But for the record: I didn't do it. Period. Don't blame me that you didn't save, or that the planes are glitchy, I was not at fault for the crash.

The third apology is to those affected by my trolling,
It was really the only time I've ever trolled, and while effective, it was wrong.
I sent certain links to random people, or on random servers using IRC or other means.
This upset some people, and if you saw, or were offended by my actions, I am sorry.

To anyone who could be mad at me for anything else, Im really sorry.

I hope you all understand. Thank you.

-Tyler Shellberg (Tyler799)

BEST FIRST POST 2012
Quote from: Isolation
Hey guys, just gonna leave my naan bread here for a second..

It better be here when I get back..

SHORTEST TIME BEFORE BAN 2012
(This was his/her first post)
Quote from: -HAD-
So Yeah Nothing... Forget This Even Existed On BL Forums

User was banned for this post

MOST forgetED UP BBC CODE 2012
Quote from: wound
There is a thread for this kind of stuff; It's called [url width=http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=32719.0]stupid bans kicks mutes[/url].
Quote from: Lugnut
url width=

what da fuk

MOST DETAILED DESCRIPTION 2012
Quote from: torak11
My third Gallery build.

About
This build's appearance is based off of the castle seen at the end of world 1-1, it has two floors.

Tech Specs
-Built on a 32x32 baseplate
-First floor has a jail cell and a glass case with a key
-Second floor has a flagpole (yes, there is a flagpole on top of the castle in game), three firework emitters, and five buttons. Four of the buttons launch the fireworks, the Fifth plays the "Level Complete" Theme from SMB

How Do The Events Work?
-The jail cell can only be opened by a key, it also closes after 1 second, rather than three.
-Clicking on the glass dome makes it disappear for a few seconds (represents removing the case)
-There are three firework emitters on the second floor, the emitters are numbered 1 to 3 from left to right.
-The Buttons launch the fireworks in the following patterns:
Classic (1-3-2)
Classic Doubled (1-3-2-3-1-2)
Simultaneous
Simultaneous Doubled (with a one second break between sets of three)

Screen-Shots of the build:

The Castle (Front-View):

The First floor (Jail cell on the left, glass case on the right)

The Second floor (The firework emitters are behind the camera):

Quote from: torak11
Sorry for the DP, forgot to post this stuff.

Screenshots of the Build (continued)

The Flag pole:

Crediting Information:
JVS Doors pack 1 made by Trader
Cube Print Bricks made by Tophius
Domes made by Phydeoux
Half-bricks made by aware14
Firework projectiles made by WillWill56
NES Game Block Prints made by Plastiware
One Random Brick Pack made by FART and King Tinks
Extra Ramps made by Topheus

I give credit to all of the blockland users listed above.
I also DO NOT take ANY credit for the above addons

Final Information
Ratings in the form of x/10 are optional
DO NOT flame or post negative reply's or i WILL report you!
Constructive Criticism accepted, (as long as it is not harsh)
Other Criticism NOT accepted.

MOST "EXPERIENCED" USER 2012
Quote from: dotdotsquare
Is this a troll thread? If not (and I know it is) well here are some really basic ramblings... learn to google you lazy

Pre love:
Always be sure to have a condom somewhere on hand if you know you're going to score later in the night. After you are more experienced, if you are having love at your house you might want to invest in lube as it can be useful sometimes. Be sure to know when it's the right time to have love too, the (I assume) girl usually isn't as love hungry as you are. Before you start, you always want to engage in foreplay: kissing, petting, and depending on the girl some lovey conversation. Don't instantly go for the vag, make her want love not have it feel forced upon her. At the same time dont go too slow. Since most females masturbate regularly, her hymen is probably broken so that shouldnt be a problem. Its best to start with some oral or fingering/rubbing before love to get the vag wet.

During love:
If it's your first time, you're going to suck. No matter what. Every girl is different, and if its their first time (or yours) there could be some pain involved. Start slow; you're not a researchstar and you don't want to be. Have the mindset that you want to please the girl as well. After you've worked up a good pace, maybe slow down and finger her a little bit or turn to some oral. No man alive can pound a girl for hours without taking some breaks but still keeping them entertaining. You can have elements of foreplay throughout intercourse when you're taking breaks. By building up a good rhythm, you can draw out your experience for a long time. Also, some girls like to talk during love some dont, I would wait and see if they initiate that before going on about stuff. Dont moan too loud but making some noise is to be expected. If your condum is too tight or too loose then the love wont be the best. You might want to google love positions if you're worried, there are some easy basic ones that anyone can do.

Post love:
Don't be awkward. The more you do it the less you suck and are less awkward its all experience. Acknowledge that it was good. Different girls like different things so just go with it.

Other notes:
Dont be nervous, be comfortable. You both want to enjoy yourselves and feel pleasure. If you aren't able to laugh during love then you're being too serious (not that you would laugh, but just as an example of the mood you should be in). Don't be worried about your rooster size as long as its not ridiculously small, an average richard used correctly can still be very peasuring. Also, it could be nice to shave your pubes its always more clean. Be sure to not have smelly breath or a smelly richard. Take a god damn shower and maybe even use some sort of product if your rooster smells. Always try new things so the love doesnt get boring! Good luck (and if you're underage send me some vidya pls)!

DONT END UP LIKE THIS handicap http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=213806.0

Source: personal experience.
Quote from: ?
i will cherish this quote forever

MOST EXCITING PROJECT 2012
Quote from: Bravo
Swords of the North

THERE ARE ONLY 12 BETA SLOTS TOTAL
1. Army Unit
2. Sylvanor
3. Lamebro1
4. Capt'n
5. Dr. Zegobob
6. JazZ
7. Uxie
8. Boodals
9. Cookiez664
10. Stress
11. Pecon7
12. Kill All

About

Swords of the North is a new RPG i am developing that fuses elements of DayZ into a Game of Thrones inspired world. This takes place on a large, unforgiving frozen island.

People who are helping:
Poo
LegoPepper
JazZ
Brozie
Furdle

Features

• World PvP - You'll need to team up with friends to make it out alive.
  • Detailed Frozen World - Taking cubescape to a whole new level
  • Big Adventure - Adventure out from the safe of the south into the north to find powerful loot.

Gallery

Minimap

Development

We can always use help!
What we need:
  • Medieval Buildings
  • Landscapers
  • Overall helpers

If you can help with any of these, fill out this form.

Name:
ID:
Have you read Game of Thrones?:
Have you played DayZ?:
Post a picture of something you've built. (Medieval, landscape, etc.)

BEST MEME 2012
Quote from: The docter
I Austin Lee Perez AKA the docter am commiting Self Delete due to cyberbulying from everyone on the drama topic of how im idiotic

Self Delete by stab

User was banned for this post

BEST VIDEO 2012

WORST GRAMMAR 2012

Quote from: rlcbm
why cant i see shadows i can only see shadows patch this thats not fair i have the best gamming pc at best buy and shadows dont work just cus of intel

move the file to desktop and let the launcher re wright the cloer set

eliptats didint start it

BEST CLAN 2012
Apart from static tactics hue
Quote from: Eksi

Public Domain

This is a new clan which aims to discourage Blockland's general attitude of exclusivity by gathering and creating builds made available to the public for open reuse, play, and editing.

We wish to create a pool of useful saves, from props and event mechanisms to complete scenes and courses, which anyone can use for any reason.

News

October 10 - Eksiten Island V1 added to contributions
September 21 - Dezcaban joins [pd]; Dezcaban's Sato Shanty (part of the clan's logo) added to contributions
September 17 - Sleven joins [pd]; Sleven's Medieval Outpost and Eksi's Cities XL 2012 Collection 1 added to contributions
September 16 - Clan created by Eksi and Railyx; First contribution added by Eksi
September 15 - Railyx creates a spiffy logo out of Eksi's screenshot
September 8 - Seed planted by Sleven's Medieval Outpost

How to Join

Offer a build of your own creation to be released for public use.

If it is fairly novel, of good quality, and I can think of a good way to use it in a server or video, you'll be accepted.

Quality over quantity, to the fullest extent. A nice table will be appreciated more than a mediocre room or subpar house. A great bench, more than a boring city block.

All players can download released saves, and can contribute saves without joining. Membership shows your more active support of this clan, and gives you more say in certain decisions which may be made.

Members & Accolades

Eksi [13559] - Founder
Experienced video creator
Affinity for RGB
College student - Please be patient

Railyx [11024] - Co-founder
Electronic music producer
Special effects/graphics designer

Sleven [4540]
Inspiration for clan

Dezcaban [30187]

Recent Contributions

kalphiter's server status .php if you're that kind of guy
Right-click links with [Download] in front of them to save

Eksiten Island V1 (abandoned)

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Created by: Eksi
Added by: Eksi
Date added: October 10, 2012
Requirements: GSF's Terrain Bricks
Description: Eksi's first attempt at using Terrain Bricks on a large scale, abandoned due to a failure to follow vision.

Dezcaban's Sato Shanty

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Original thread

Created by: Dezcaban
Added by: Dezcaban
Date added: September 21 2012
Requirements: Vertical print bricks, pole bricks, 1 random brick pack, Demian's brick pack
Description: A makeshift walled shelter surrounded by hilly terrain.

MOST NOTORIOUS SPAMMER 2012
(Look through his/her posts and feel the random)

MOST forgetED UP ADD-ON 2012
Quote from: Electrk²

What is this?

This is a mod I made because... well... I don't really know.
Basically, this mod allows you to rape a specified player if they are near enough to you.

Type /rape playername to rape a player.
Type /stopRape to stop raping your victim.

If you are raping someone, repeatedly tap the space bar to successfully rape them, giving them an STD that will slowly kill them.
If you are being raped, repeatedly tap the space bar to free yourself, which will kill the rapist.

There are RTB prefs for enabling/disabling and making it mini-game only.

Planned Features

• Rape Item (for mini-games) done
  • More RTB Prefs
  • Pills to cure STDs?
  • Different types of STDs?

Feedback from adoring fans

Version History

v1.1 to v1.2:

• Fixed standing in vehicles bug
  • Added more safeguards to prevent glitches
  • Successfully raping adds to your score, as does escaping from an attempted rape

v1 to v1.1:

• Fixed some minor bugs
  • Added RTB pref for choosing whether to use activate or jump
  • Added rape item for mini-games
  • Added /stopRape command for rapists

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

BEST NBA PLAYER 2012
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:25:19 PM by Blooker »

What you all came to see
Voted for by YOU

BEST AVATAR 2012

BEST ADD-ON 2012
Buildable Vehicle by Truce.
Quote from: Truce
I HIGHLY SUGGEST READING THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE DOWNLOADING

Buildable Vehicle
A vehicle that can be built on and driven.

Description
Yes, buildable vehicles. First off, this is not related to the buildable vehicles already "released" by Brian Smith, nor the elevator events by Xalos. This is a completely seperate script made by a completely seperate scripter. Their methods rely on constantly moving static shapes, which look choppy and lag behind, especially in large volumes. This script uses custom models with several nodes to display "bricks" on the vehicle chassis that move just as fluidly as a driver would in the vehicle - seemingly perfectly.

How do I use it? First, install the add-on like any normal add-on. You should not have to change any settings nor disable any add-ons, but if you find a conflicting add-on please let me know so I can modify the code. Next, spawn a vehicle like you would normally, selecting "Buildable Vehicle" from the list. To build on a vehicle, simply left click on it. As long as you have full trust with the owner, you will be able to use your ghost brick to place bricks on the vehicle like you would normally when building. I suggest turning off raycasting and collisioning on the spawn brick before spawning it so it rests flat on the ground. When you want to build normally again, either click the car you were building on, or Self Delete if you are unable to find the car to click it.

What are additional editing options? You can undo any actions you apply to the vehicle with your normal undo key, which includes being able to undo building, coloring, and erasing. Erasing is an action you can use by placing bricks after you take out the "FX - None" spray can (you will be notified in chat). Anything inside your ghost brick will be erased with this method, and to stop simply switch to any other spray can. Additionally, you can use the slash command /togglechassis to toggle the visbility of the base. This was a quick addition, so you are not currently able to build where the base was, but you can still make cool designs with it off.

Can I save my vehicles? Yup! The slash commands are /savevehicle NAME and /loadvehicle NAME. These commands can be used every 5 seconds and 30 seconds respectively, with super admins being able to bypass the time limit. Each BL_ID has their own folder of saves on the server, so don't worry about naming your vehicle the same as someone else's and overwriting theirs. However, this means that if you want to load someone else's car onto your chassis, you will need to have them click your chassis and load it themselves. Always be sure to save your vehicles, because leaving the server and joining minigames causes your vehicles to respawn, which will reset the chassis.

Did I forget something? Make sure to post any questions or suggestions you have here. Happy holidays guys.

P.S. Other chassis shapes, flying buildable vehicles, etc are all possible with this method. This is just a start. Let's make sure this script is as good as it can be and then we'll move forward into expanding the possibilities. As such, please do not post these suggestions in the topic, as they will not be addressed yet.

Screenshots

Installation
Vehicle_BuildableVehicle.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Download
Vehicle_BuildableVehicle.zip

Change Log
Related Add-Ons
Vehicle Events - Use events to manipulate your vehicle even more (by z0w0)
Vehicle Stereo - Play music straight from your vehicle with /stereo (by Truce)
Trust Levels - Change the required trust level to ride in a vehicle (by Space Guy)

See Also
Original .blend files for modders to reference to make other chassis (by Truce)
Official gallery topic for pictures of buildable vehicles you customize (by Jeep)

Congratulations to all winners and thanks to everyone who voted.
I'm off before everyone slings abuse at me

EDIT: I almost forgot
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR cigaretteTS!

Dedicated to

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:33:31 PM by Blooker »

this is so much lol
lets pactice madicine

dwyane wade is the best nba player but cant even spell his own name
thats how good he is

BEST EARLY MORNING POSTER 2012

*sigh*

BEST SHIP DOCKING LOCATION 2012

~ Port ~

worst grammer should go to PEWDIPIE

worst grammer should go to PEWDIPIE