Author Topic: Kalphiter and the default tank. [Image Heavy]  (Read 8540 times)

I joined Gravity Cat's CTF and played for a bit, enjoyed the game, all went well until Kalphiter showed up.

Upon spawning, he went straight for the tank, and proceeded to abuse it to the full extent of his abilities.

The opposite team quickly became dwarfed compared to Kalphiter.

Kalphiter likes to speed up to the opposite base, jump out, grab the flag and come back and win it, through which nobody has a real chance at stopping him due to how quickly he does this.

To kill someone, he will either run over them, or switch to the turret and fire at them, the turret has no delay upon switching seats of whether or not it should fire, so it only requires a single player to become the deadliest weapon in the server.

He does this in Heedicalking's TDM too, but its much less noticeable since the map is so large, and the amount of vehicles include flight types.

He does not care if the other players dislike the tactic he is using to win, and by the looks of it, the other idiots on his team believed the opposite team just sucked.

Also, might I suggest someone make the default tank less abusable?, this deathmatch in particular had the use of an RPG, but it barely had any effect.

I do this sometime when using the default tank

Its a fair tactic in my opinion

Kinda the map's fault then.

I view the light-speed travel between seats as a bit overpowered, but still. There are easy tactics to kill someone within a tank. For one, concussion grenades and a good throwing arm, lever-action rifles, really any sniper rifle, explosives of any kind, you name it. It's easy. I view this thread as more-over being butthurt about the topic.

And I admit, I get pretty pissed off when he does this too. But it's not an issue. It's easy to deal with.

Step one: Shoot him while he's in the turret
Step two: Throw a grenade at the tank
Step three: tell gravity cat to stop the driver from being protected

Step one: Shoot him while he's in the turret
Step two: Throw a grenade at the tank
Step three: tell gravity cat to stop the driver from being protected

1; He switches from the driver seat to the turret, fires it, and switches back in seconds.
2; The second he saw you, he did the above.

So people aren't allowed to use the tools given to them? Where's the logic in that?
I'm assuming the opposing team also has a tank or something to else to counter it. If so, use it as well. If not, tell GC to stop being stuffty at balancing.

So people aren't allowed to use the tools given to them? Where's the logic in that?
I'm assuming the opposing team also has a tank or something to else to counter it. If so, use it as well. If not, tell GC to stop being stuffty at balancing.
Both teams have 2 tanks, but nobody else uses the tank like Kalphiter does, which shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

Killed kalp once while he was in the tank, trick is to kill turret with a sniper rifle.

There is nothing strictly against the rules about this. Just one good team vs. a bad one. I just played and had this exact thing happen except with nasaboy3000. Eventually I destroyed the tank but my entire team was sitting in the spawn doing nothing.
I'll have to check with Gravity Cat, but the "play fair" rule is way too generic to kick or ban anybody for.

Tell him to include a "don't be an starfish" rule, or something along the lines of that.

And it would seem to me that this directly violates the "play fair" rule, as he was NOT playing fair.

Tell him to include a "don't be an starfish" rule, or something along the lines of that.

And it would seem to me that this directly violates the "play fair" rule, as he was NOT playing fair.
noedit; He joined and won the game, himself, 5 times in a very short time fighting against an equal ammount of players that seemed to have the same skill level BEFORE he showed up.

noedit; He joined and won the game, himself, 5 times in a very short time fighting against an equal ammount of players that seemed to have the same skill level BEFORE he showed up.
agh, same skill level as the opposite team*.

Then maybe your team should make better use of the two tanks you have and the RPGs that any player can get

Unless he's camping at the entrance of a building, then I see no problem with this.  Hint:  Stay out of the tank's way.