Ravencroft's and Whirlwind's Falling Tiles! V6.0

Author Topic: Ravencroft's and Whirlwind's Falling Tiles! V6.0  (Read 29180 times)

About:
Ravencroft's Falling Tiles is a unique and new rebirth of the previously popular Falling Platforms game. My goal is to to bring these servers back to Blockland. They used to be extremely popular, but died off due to lack of originality. Ravencroft's new Falling Tiles is full of amazing new features that include over 5,000 EVENTS! These features include exciting bonus rounds such as the usual pushbroom death match and falling rockets, but it also includes a snowball fight, projectile sweep, corner bricks only, middle bricks only, and even a gunfight later in the round! The game may seem easy at first, but players will eventually notice that with each round the game gets harder. Platforms fall faster, more rockets spawn, and tougher bonus rounds are enabled as the game advances. This server also includes an awesome new theme instead of the ugly tile walls and a bland arena. The theme is techno/rave. The platforms are all neon colored and the walls have neon designs on them. There's also over 20 different songs that will be playing at all times. It automagically changes to a new song every round! Because of this, it is HIGHLY recommended that you download music for the full experience!

Impressions:

Rules:
• Don't spam
• Don't type in all caps.
• Be respectful to everyone.
• No advertising
• Don't ask for admin. (THERE ARE NO APPLICATIONS!)
• Don't be a sore winner/loser.
• Report a cheat or glitch if you find one. Don't use it to your advantage.

Admin Rules: (Applies to admins only)
• Follow the general rules above.
• Don't cheat in any way.
• Treat every player equally.
• Don't ban/kick someone just because you don't like them.
• Help people if they have a question. Do not ignore them.
• Be Respectful

Updates:
Current Version is 6.0
V0.5 Updates 1/19/13:
• New observation and spawn rooms built
• Events fixed
• Bonus round, Vehicles added
• Minor changes in events
V1.0 Updates 1/20/13:
• Server is out of Beta testing, and will be open more often
• Small additions
• Minor bug fixes
V2.0 Updates 1/25/13:
• Tile fall speed faster
• Bug fixes
• Minor changes in mini games
• Arcade game added
V3.0 Updates 2/2/13:
• Win button removed and replaced with an automatic win script (Thanks Plornt!)
• Arcade game added
• MANY bug fixes
4.0 Updates 2/4/13:
• Multidirectional Projectile Sweeps
• New Stage Display
• Arcade game added
• New Speaker design
5.0 Updates 2/7/13:
• Game now resets with 1 or less people left in arena
• Game now resets if controller does not press any buttons withing 30 seconds
• Projectile Sweep enhanced
• Clicking cube raises limit every time it reaches a multiple of 50,000 clicks
• Music name is now displayed when song changes
5.1 Updates 2/10/13:
• Issues and bugs with the events that automate the server fixed
• Clicking arcade game rebuilt/fixed
• Other minor bug fixes involving the events fixed
6.0 Updates 2/16/13:
• Tiles now change to random colors to keep people from memorizing the color layout.

Administration:
Ravencroft BLID 10130/39764 - Host
Whirlwind BLID 8429 - Co-Host / Super Admin
The Brighter Dark BLID 31783 - Co-Host / Super Admin
Cowboy6 BLID 33249 - Super Admin
Crown BLID 2143 - Admin
Pablo BLID 9858 - Admin
WALDO BLID 13063 - Admin
Wrapperup BLID 13308 - Admin
Allun Pentax BLID 28843 - Admin
Wink BLID 1478 - Admin
Wound BLID 2206 - Admin

Media:

Miscellaneous:

Credits:
Ravencroft - Hosting, Building
Whirlwind - Building, Eventing
Plornt - Scripting
The Brighter Dark - Spawn room, Observation room
Cowboy6 and Mango - Hosting Service
Retro Pixel and Lexmark - Video advertising
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:42:51 PM by ravencroft »

Epic. I'll help you test if you want.

Really cool looking arena.

But I actually would suggest an all black bottom instead of that green. Would look sweet.

But I actually would suggest an all black bottom instead of that green. Would look sweet.
This. Could mess people up when they choose green as well.

Actually, this could be a great project for my clan.

Why do you want to test this server?

CT&T would like to test this server because we are a clan dedicated for testing and it would be a great opportunity for experience.

Will you be able to search for issues with the server while testing?

Of course.

Why should I choose you over other people that want to test?

We, again are a clan for testing. We would follow what the host says and would test anything you want us to do. Also:
Quote from: Clan's OP
For testing, I will send a group of players to your server to test it out. A team of testers is very effective and can save a lot of time. They can find bugs and make sure your project is the best that it can be.

Adding to this:

I think it would be super cool if you made the distance to the bottom longer so it feels like you're falling in an abyss. Pretty neat idea, right? :3

Actually, this could be a great project for my clan.

CT&T would like to test this server because we are a clan dedicated for testing and it would be a great opportunity for experience.

Of course.

We, again are a clan for testing. We would follow what the host says and would test anything you want us to do. Also:
No offence. But half your clan is full of idiots. Brototoe, Teejay, and Epicman. I think you should just let other people test. Instead of you making this a clan thing.

No offence. But half your clan is full of idiots. Brototoe, Teejay, and Epicman. I think you should just let other people test. Instead of you making this a clan thing.
They aren't idiots, Glass.

Added, have your clan members fill out forms as well if you want them to test. Thanks for offering the help!

Adding to this:

I think it would be super cool if you made the distance to the bottom longer so it feels like you're falling in an abyss. Pretty neat idea, right? :3
I think it's worth a try. It will be a pain in the ass moving the whole arena up though.

Epic. I'll help you test if you want.
Thanks for offering help, added.

Added, have your clan members fill out forms as well if you want them to test. Thanks for offering the help!
I think it's worth a try. It will be a pain in the ass moving the whole arena up though.
Thanks for offering help, added.
Thank you so much!

Vehicon(ID 18233)

(Why do you want to test this server?)The only way I even know about this was because I got a PM from faicerblok.

(Will you be able to search for glitches?)Other than TRYING to exploit the server witch is forbidden, I will try when not trying to fall off tiles; so yes.

(Why should I choose you above all other applicants?) I will mainly be there to watch and try it out one or twice, but the only reason I will be there is to keep an eye out for exploits or issues, I am committed to doing my job and not going there to be the first one there or be one of the early testers.

Quote from: Sleven
Quote from: Glassy
This. Could mess people up when they choose green as well.

I toooooold you we should have had a different lava color!

Quote from: ravencroft
It will be a pain in the ass moving the whole arena up though.

Shouldn't be too hard. Magic of Duplicator.

Quote from: ravencroft
Don't try to find a way to cheat. (climbing up walls, glitching out of the arena, etc.)

They can try all they want. I've made the place pretty cheat proof.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:01:26 PM by tredden »

In-game name and BLID:
Name: Trymos
BLID: 19424

Because I used to love these servers, I was sad when they died off and it would be amazing if I could help test this and remove the exploits.
Yes, I will start with the most common exploits and look for more obscure ones.
I will listen to the host and test things he wants me to test, along with constantly looking for potential exploits and testing them out.