Author Topic: Remousamavi's Multi-Ops Community Server  (Read 3222 times)

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to Remousamavi's Multi-Ops!
Multi-Ops is a new project and initiative for those seeking a 24/7 community hangout and work area. If you seek an online server to hang out, share your creations and projects, to hold meetings in a reliable venue, or promote your own server/community project, you've come to the right place.

CREDITS
Thanks to the following people, services, and/or clans who contributed:

• Kalphiter's Kaphost hosting service for the reliable, long-running server.
  • Starhawk, of Oceanco, for contribution to the Hotel interior design.
  • IcyGamma, and/of MicroBlock, for ongoing inspiration and inventions which helped jumpstart I&V Eventing Modules.
  • Architects of Blockland, with whose influence and my participation I have gained the skills and initiative to run such a project.

SERVER STATUS
The server is currently ONLINE

INFORMATION
All information is kept up to date on a daily or weekly basis depending on the info, news, and/or updates.

ON-SERVER RULES

I. No Spamming
     Please do not place bricks or set lights, emitters, or items at random.
II. No Flaming
     Please do not belittle, troll, insult, or rage at other players.
III. No Vehicles
     Please do not spawn vehicles or vehicle-like items such as hang gliders or skis.
IV. Be Civil
     Please maintain a civilized conduct whilst on the server.
V. Remain Within Boundaries
     Please do not stray far from an area, or attempt to cross any boundaries set.
VI. Obey Orders
     Please obey any commands given by Remousamavi or other administrators. Questions about commands are allowed.

NEWS

- Jan 2, 2013 Multi-Ops started.

- Jan 9, 2013 Benofdoom is instated as official manager/subleader of I&VEM and AoBE. Construction begins on elevators in Remousamavi Hotel. Upgrades in planning and pre-testing for tram upgrade.

Implementation of Moderator add-on, among other add-ons, will take place on Jan 11, at 5:00 PM, est. This will involve a server shutdown and restart. All hotel residents are advised to complete what they can of their rooms or delete what they can, due to uncontrollable brick ownership transfer. Users of the Eventing Modules will be unaffected by this.

NOTICE: Camera events are currently broken. Tram ghosting should instead be done by circuiting a few times until ghosting is complete.

AREAS & THE TRAM
The Multi-Ops server consists of three areas and a spawn point. These areas are connected by a tram system. The areas, in the order from the spawn area, are:

ABOUT
Remousamavi Hotel offers a place for those seeking to hang out, play sports, build, and relax. The hotel itself contains a residential area including regular and VIP apartments, clan & project office areas, and other public access areas. The hotel is located in Remousamavi's Multi-Ops, Tram Stop II.

RESIDENTIAL
The main feature of the hotel is permanent residential areas. The hotel features a total of 32 custom suites. All suites are able to be built in by their owner.

Currently, 31/32 custom suites are available. To request a suite, please contact Remousamavi via PM.

SPORTS
Coming Soon!
Also in the hotel area is a sports area, including a basketball area in its own area near the hotel, and other sports areas in the hotel itself.

OTHER
Coming Soon!
Future plans for Remousamavi Hotel include a restaurant, a Cinematics lab area, a classroom/lecture hall, and a VIP/Special Events area.

ABOUT
More information about Architects of Blockland will be posted here shortly. The clan also has its own topic, located here.

NOTICE: AoB will shortly gain a second server, and will then move off of Multi-Ops. Topic is still valid, 2013 topic is under way.

ABOUT
Initiative & Vigilance Eventing Modules (I&VEM) is an eventing front dedicated to the advancement of eventing projects and groups. I&VEM currently contains an eventing floor, a classroom, and the I&V Testing & Research Facility. The headquarters of I&VEM is located in Remousamavi's Multi-Ops, Tram Stop II.

Eventing Modules
Eventing modules are currently open to request. One module is 16x16 studs, and is designed for an owner's permanent brick ownership. The modules are ideal for online server projects, group projects, and storage for display purposes such as use in the classroom or for presentation.

There are currently 52 modules available for claim, with a max claim threshold of 8. For more information regarding the Eventing Modules or other parts of I&VEM, or for requesting a claim for modules, please contact Remousamavi via PM.

I&V Testing & Research Facility
Coming Soon!
IVTRF, I&VEM's main headquarters area contains a 32x32 Module Floor for highly ambitious projects, reserved for elite eventers and groups. The T&RF also contains a presentation hall, a private testing area, and a storage area.

AoBE
(Coming soon!)
The Architects of Blockland Eventing division is also headquartered here. AoBE is a branch of AoB, whose main headquarters and application area are located at Tram Stop III.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:20:08 PM by Remousamavi »

Takes 3 hours to ghost :P
i wish there was a way of speeding up the process :(

but it doesnt take that much time actually (at least not for me)

I'm enjoying this server; I might try to get a hotel room if I think of something to build in it.

i wish there was a way of speeding up the process :(

but it doesnt take that much time actually (at least not for me)
Increase your network settings within Blockland.

If it's the tram made difficult by ghosting, try standing in front of the door after you board, and then run straight out when the Now Arriving text appears

You need to disable brick damage, or at least not include all players bricks to be affected by it.

You need to disable brick damage, or at least not include all players bricks to be affected by it.

Brick damage is now disabled.

Cheers :D

Was a major security threat, Bishop demonstrated to me how easy it was to blow through rooms at the hotel when I was trying to find how someone broke in. :O

NOTICE

The Multi-Ops server uses Kaphost, a high run-time reputable service. Once in a while, however, the master server is subject to moderate to extreme lag spikes.

If you are caught in such a lagstorm while on the Multi-Ops server:
  • Stay where you are. Running blindly through freezing lag can put you in areas you did not intend to go.
  • Do not use the tram. Unless you are going to a specific area or going AFK, it is best to wait for the lag to clear up before using the tram to get to somewhere specific.
  • Lagstorms are generally intermittant in nature. It generally fluctuates between normal and extreme. Solid running for more than a minute is sign that it has cleared.
  • If you time out or crash, wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before attempting to rejoin. If your system is likely to crash in lagspikes, it is highly recommended you leave the server right after the lag starts.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:49:20 PM by Remousamavi »

I got stuck in the tram during a lag storm. D:

I was saved by Rem. :D

One additional note regarding lagstorms: I have also noticed they tend to come in groups. You can go a week clear, but sometimes it happens a few hours apart.

I'm willing to help people out in the eventing labs whenever I'm in game, Look for Benofdoom if you need help with anything.

My help desk is all set up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:44:52 PM by Dissolve »