Author Topic: Hell-on-earth spam in the Deathcube server  (Read 5063 times)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In a world, where there's no administration...

fun fact: the stage was also broken so hard that nobody could play.

To be fair, it's mostly the servers fault, considering it's running an add-on that lets you do that.

It's the hosts fault for loading such a fail script

Are you people stupid? You are blaming the server host for this while idiots choose themselves to abuse it. It really reminds me of those idiots who blame the weapons instead of the person themselves in the Conneticut shootings.

To be fair, it's mostly the servers fault, considering it's running an add-on that lets you do that.
Are you actually being serious? Do you really think that it's "fair" that a person can just do that if a badly-made mod lets you do that?
Because that's not fair at all. That's like saying if I give you a loaded gun and tell you to shoot me, that it's okay to shoot me.

I've disabled the command. Also I've had enough of Cowboy and his bans because he thinks anything over an hour is too harsh despite the amount of times people have spammed. Bans are gonna come down hard now for all forms of spam.

This guy sounds like a real friend.

OT:I put my eyes a certain way and got 3D.

I've disabled the command. Also I've had enough of Cowboy and his bans because he thinks anything over an hour is too harsh despite the amount of times people have spammed. Bans are gonna come down hard now for all forms of spam.

Ahem, since when did I say anything over an hour is too harsh for people who have spammed multiple times? My normal bans for people who spam or troll for the first time is anywhere from an hour to a day depending on the amount of spam or trolling, that first ban is their only warning on a server like this. The next ban is perma since if they are not going to listen to a ban like that they won't listen at all.

I've had multiple people on the server I run come back from the first ban saying sorry, I won't do that again and that promise is kept, they play the game like they should and don't do it again. So I'm sorry if you believe I'm too light on people Danny, but I believe in giving people warnings before I ban them for a long time or even permanently.

Good ol' danny, sorting stuff out

Ahem, since when did I say anything over an hour is too harsh for people who have spammed multiple times? My normal bans for people who spam or troll for the first time is anywhere from an hour to a day depending on the amount of spam or trolling, that first ban is their only warning on a server like this. The next ban is perma since if they are not going to listen to a ban like that they won't listen at all.

I've had multiple people on the server I run come back from the first ban saying sorry, I won't do that again and that promise is kept, they play the game like they should and don't do it again. So I'm sorry if you believe I'm too light on people Danny, but I believe in giving people warnings before I ban them for a long time or even permanently.
Your "warning" bans did not proove effective today. There has been spam for hours. When you're dealing with people like this you need to make a statement to them straight up and to the players of the server to show no stuff will be taken. Yes sometimes you come across as strict but the unfortunate truth is it works. Maybe you were not present the other day when I said this so I will say it again

Banning someone is like punishing a child, if the child misbehaves and receives little or no punishment they will not learn. If you are more strict with them the first time round they are more likely to learn that what they did was wrong and are less likely to do it again therefore you won't have to punish as often.

Am I the only one who would instantly permaban for this sort of act?

Why in the hell is this add-on not stripping control characters to prevent huge-ass text like that?!?