Disable Chat

Author Topic: Disable Chat  (Read 4216 times)

Are you hosting a server and are tired of dudes overpopulating the chat?
No problem!
With this you can disable the chat so only admins can talk.
Type /disablechat to disable the chat (SA only)
Type /enablechat to enable the chat (SA only)

Download

Requested by Furling here.
Image by furling
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:30:53 AM by Zeblote »

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:37:31 AM by Cubelands »

Is it server sided or client sided?

This is nice and all but, how the forget would people communicate, or what if someone needs help?
And most likely what if someone gets kicked and they try and come back to talk to the admins but they can't.

Wouldn't it just make sense to make an addon that doesn't show chat messages from non-admins instead of disabling the entire chat?

That would at the very least let non admins communicate, then again their is already the admin chat addon.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:48:17 PM by Zeblote »

Is it server sided or client sided?
Server sided

This is nice and all but, how the forget would people communicate, or what if someone needs help?
And most likely what if someone gets kicked and they try and come back to talk to the admins but they can't.

Wouldn't it just make sense to make an addon that doesn't show chat messages from non-admins instead of disabling the entire chat?

That would at the very least let non admins communicate, then again their is already the admin chat addon.

Use RTB irc

Server sided.
Note: I have not tested the above
I did tested, they pretty are worked!

Server sided

Use RTB irc
I was going to say that but for some reason certain users don't use rtb.

It only blocks messages by nonadmins.

It only blocks messages by nonadmins.
THAT IS THE POINT AWGADADADA
*Self Delete by stab*

Server sided.
If you want client-sided please use this:Note: I have not tested the above and am not responsible if it fails
It does work. Client sided works better than server sided because disabling chat for everyone sucks.

It does work. Client sided works better than server sided because disabling chat for everyone sucks.
Client-sided can get very dangerous when an admin asks you something important and you don't see it.

Client-sided can get very dangerous when an admin asks you something important and you don't see it.
In your case if an admin asked you something you wouldn't be able to reply. You even admitted doing this sucked before editing the post in the suggestion topic

As for mine you shouldn't need to disable the chat if an admin is there to deal with anyone who spams.

Cool! Useful when you are trying to do something and a horde of noobs come and start to chat like crazy. (It's really annoying when you aer using chat sounds.)