Video: Hologram Event System Teaser

Author Topic: Video: Hologram Event System Teaser  (Read 6796 times)

So, I made a hologram event system. It has VCE functionality, with more coming (when i can be bothered (soon)).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XsDHyeYlhM

I've been looking into using the pong projectile to create evented "graphical screens" in BL, mounting them on a transparent print, but its been pretty meh so far. Seeing events like these is much more exciting, it could have a great use for such an application.

Oh, and don't be afraid to post any suggestions here. I was thinking about adding holograms with collision, and smooth shaded variants of the shapes. And i also need to limit the amount of holograms per player (probably to 25). Also, huge credits to the guy who made the elevators. I 'borrowed' a lot of code from him, without which I wouldn't be able to make these.

EDIT: My server is up if anyone wants to come play with these. Ill be adding more VCE support, more generic replacers, and some limits if i get time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:56:29 AM by boodals 2 »

This is amazing. This could be used in endless ways and is really cool. Nice work.

Awesome, just awesome.

Gona apply this to a spaceship, overview of the galaxy/view of planets.
Now another idea, make mini default trees which could be used in mini-empires, pictures, backrounds, other stuff
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:51:23 AM by Bester Bageler »

I like your idea but dislike the fact that you need to use relay loops. Is there no way to make these without relays?

I like your idea but dislike the fact that you need to use relay loops. Is there no way to make these without relays?

It probably needs a way to time out to prevent spam.

The relays were only to constantly rotate/move it. They're not needed at all.

Comblock needs to do this now

Good work!!!!!!!

This looks amazing. Great work!

The relays were only to constantly rotate/move it. They're not needed at all.
Which is my point. You need relays for the animations. Can you script it so you don't need relays?

Which is my point. You need relays for the animations. Can you script it so you don't need relays?
The only thing i think i could do is add a velocity thing to it, which moves it smoothly in a given vector. But id need to look into a good amount of unknown (to me) coding.

What the forget happened.

There were 2 trolls spamming projectiles, spamming bricks and covering up builds with bricks. I asked you if you could ban them and you said "I don't ban". You then admined them and they forgeted up your server... What on earth were you thinking admining a troll?

Anyways, OT theses are really nice events but do they work with transparent colors, I never tested them out.