Author Topic: Build Cycle (it cycles minigames, too!)  (Read 10295 times)

Development ended:

Development of the build cycle has ended (likely permanently). However, I'm moving on to better things in the form of the Game Mode Cycle. Please direct further questions to that topic.

Go here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=272856.0

Build Cycle
It cycles through builds!

Introducing the Build Cycle! Featuring a (almost complete) GUI, plenty of commands and customization, and more.

This mod allows you to:
 - Create a build rotation that changes between builds every specified number of minigame rounds.
 - Use a different minigame for each build!
 - Shuffle the builds
 - Commands (and GUI) for start, stop, next, go to, etc.
 - Easy addition/editing of builds with the GUI (or command)
 - some other things I can't remember

WARNING

Remember, this is only a beta. There will be bugs. People will die. Do your part to make the mod safer. Report all bugs to pest control here.

DOWNLOAD

Script_BuildCycle.zip

REQUIREMENTS

This mod requires the latest version of Gamemode_Slayer. Please download it here.

INSTRUCTIONS

You can access the GUI with a keybind or through the Slayer GUI.
You can also use the command /buildcycle to change settings.

ADDING BUILDS/MINIGAMES
Command method: Type /buildCycle Add and additional instructions will be displayed on screen. This is a bit more reliable than the GUI. USE THIS IF GUI DOES NOT WORK

GUI Method: Open GUI, click "New", and select the save file and minigame config file.

STARTING THE BUILD CYCLE
Type /buildCycle start, or click the button in the GUI. If you want to have a minigame in your build cycle, start the minigame first.

MINIGAME CONFIG FILES

Here I'll tell you how to get the minigame settings working. This is probably confusing for some people.

Set up the minigame how you want it. Once it's all working the way you want, go to the Advanced tab of the Slayer GUI. Click on the button that says "Save/Load Config". Type in a name for it and click "Save".

You can now use this config file in a build by typing /buildCycle add Your Savefile Name; your config file

It's a little complicated right now, but you should be able to figure it out. Remember to report any bugs to the link above. Yes, it will become easier to use in the future.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:34:00 AM by Greek2me »

Is this automatic/manual or both? This is really cool! Now we can have a main lobby where all of the players stay and then maps can load/delete and when they finish players start going on the teamspawnz, this would require more scripting I bet but now it's closer than ever to be done.

Really great addition, thanks!

Is this automatic/manual or both? This is really cool! Now we can have a main lobby where all of the players stay and then maps can load/delete and when they finish players start going on the teamspawnz, this would require more scripting I bet but now it's closer than ever to be done.
It's both. And what? No that's not how it works.

Implementing it later today.

Do we need to update slayer or something, because none of the gui things are showing up on my dedicated server. I did restart it.

nevermind
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:19:46 PM by Nasoa »

i feel like a good way to swap maps is to load the other map far off in the distance while the minigame is running, then swap over and delete the old one

Do we need to update slayer or something, because none of the gui things are showing up on my dedicated server. I did restart it.
Read the first quote in the OP...

It works now, but can you make it change the build during the wait period before the round resets, instead of when it resets? It would get the client's ghosting going while their waiting and vehicles won't glitch through the ground.

It works now, but can you make it change the build during the wait period before the round resets, instead of when it resets? It would get the client's ghosting going while their waiting and vehicles won't glitch through the ground.
Sure, that would save time too.

Holy crap! This would be awesome! Picture if you had a series of TDMs, if you put them together in a strand its like a whole war :O

Also, would there be a way for this to save environments? Probably not right, because that all depends on there already beiung an option to set environments for minigames, which there isnt yet. Only save environment right now.