Blockland Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 12:35:03 PM

Home Help Login Register
+  Blockland Forum
|-+  Blockland Forums
| |-+  Gallery
| | |-+  Seattle Default City [RELEASED] v1.1 Da De
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
Poll
Question: What do you think of it?
Yeah, it's a nice build!   -312 (76.3%)
I will be happy to see it!   -49 (12%)
Mh, i can do better :P   -4 (1%)
Sadly, the brickcount is too high :(   -34 (8.3%)
I don't like it!   -10 (2.4%)
Total Voters: 409

Author Topic: Seattle Default City [RELEASED] v1.1 Da De  (Read 14618 times)
Sylvanor

« January 25, 2013, 03:30:04 AM »

A Cohort Team Realisation!
And read more about Seattle here: http://www.cohortteam.com/#!about-seattle/cpzp
[/size]

Hi, i post here a megathread about the city i was doing since March, 2011 (2 years).
[sorry for my bad english]
There is not much to say, The city is all defaults bricks and non laggy. I initially started to build Seattle because i saw a similar Seattle City in lego from 1930 in some museum. But it became very interesting for me to build more, and i decided to invent new streets respecting the original city. The first part i did is 1930 like i said, and i built the skyscrapers ways after i finished and archived the project. I also tried to redo some famous buildings:
  • The Smith Tower (Tallest building constructed in Seattle in the 1910s), 1914,
  • One Union Square, 1981
  • 901 Fifth Avenue (Tallest building constructed in Seattle in the 1970s), 1973
  • Russell Investments Center Tallest building constructed in Seattle in the 2000s), 2006
  • Two Union Square (88th-tallest building in the United States), 1989
  • United Methodists Church-1909

Download it here: http://www.cohortteam.com/#!projects/ctzx

I also did the Space Needle (40k) and Columbia Center (29k), but you know, since the brickcount is 256000 (262000 absolute limit), i had to make choices. Maybe a day if the brickcount is raised, it will be possible to put them! I also wanded the docks and wanded a container boat (33k). I also wanded all trees but if someone can create me a brick tree model, i will appreciate a lot :P

I had to make basic roads, without lines, low details and most of the builds have no insides heh. I tried to make it looks like a real city, like real life but heh, it's blockland.

Credits:
Video: Mr.Lol.
Builders: Sylvanor, Sleven.
They were here: Drake, King Leo, Herecy, Moppy.
Oh my: Badspot (i re-used his gas pump model)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:14:36 PM by Sylvanor » Logged
Ad Bot

Full members do not see ads

Sylvanor

« January 25, 2013, 03:31:01 AM »

Reserved :P
Clone v.117

« January 25, 2013, 03:37:21 AM »

I remember this, been a long time coming, that's for sure.
fawkes..

« January 25, 2013, 03:40:54 AM »

Oh wow, this is good, very good
Devoulard Reborn

« January 25, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »

This. Just made my day
King Leo

« January 25, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »

Finally! You've been working on this for so long! So is this the final product?
Btw. I'm waiting for a new graphics card to arrive within the next few days. I'd very much like to see the city again without resulting in a series of bluescreens, like last time :D
Nonnel

« January 25, 2013, 07:14:38 AM »

I will love you forever, Sylvanor. You are a god and should be treated as such.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:39:12 PM by Nonnel » Logged
Swat 3

« January 25, 2013, 07:28:42 AM »

For now i try to fight against the brickcount to place more and more builds, but i had to make basic roads, without lines, low details and most of the builds have no insides heh. I tried to make it looks like a real city, like real life but heh, it's blockland. The city is still WIP, so that's why there are some blanks or missing bricks everywere!

Please don't ask for a release! It will be released for sure, i really don't see the point of building someting this size only for me --', but it will be released when i will have finished all the map or when i think it will be the moment.
Monkeyboy

« January 25, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »

one of the best builds ever..... super cool
Sleven

« January 25, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »

I'm p sure not even half of you can grasp the complexity of this city. The love put down in every single building is mindblowing. What they completely lack in detail they make up for with amazing shapes, variety and originality.

Let me point out that Sylvanor is the real maker of this city. I'm honored to even be in the builder's list.
What I did was two residential houses, easter eggs (interiors that is), de-spamming, filling in where Syl missed something or failed and generally just supporting.

This is seriously the biggest project I have yet seen in Blockland, and I am not exaggerating when saying that nothing can overcome it.

Don't let yourself be fooled by Sylvanor's primitive language and the poor pics. This is quality of a high level.

Syl, I thought it sucked that you rather showed billions of sucky pics instead of doing something more attractive and actually more true to what the city actually looks like. You're not doing it justice.
Nethog

« January 25, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

oh my god, that is amazing.
is there a chance that we could see it ingame?
dell2

« January 25, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »

This is amazing!
DestroyerOfBlocks

« January 25, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »

hote

e:this goes beyond hote and into supre hote
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:27:05 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks » Logged
Altiris

« January 25, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »

This is awesome! If I were I would keep a backup of the save in 5 secret locations on your PC, have an extra backup on a flash drive and another computer. I would murder myself if I made this and lost it.

Edit: you could make some awesome Blockland shorts with this city!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:26:28 PM by Altiris » Logged
Ben Grapevine

« January 25, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »

This is awesome! If I were I would keep a backup of the save in 5 secret locations on your PC, have an extra backup on a flash drive and another computer. I would murder myself if I made this and lost it.
Pretty sure sleven has a save also
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24  

Login with username, password and session length