Author Topic: Is it possible to retrieve a key from another e-mail adress?  (Read 851 times)

Hey guys, I have not had Blockland installed in a long time, and recently had the drive to play again. However, I am unable to activate my game because I had purchased the game from my grandfather's e-mail, who had passed away. Therefore, his services (internet, etc) were terminated, and for some reason, his e-mail followed.

I was surprised because I have never seen a Yahoo! account get terminated just because their internet services were suspended. I have no power whatsoever to get this e-mail and it's contents back (when we called, they said I had to renew the internet contract to get the email back. Basically, we had to pay a few years worth of stuffty internet that we dont even need just to recover my key back. WTF, Yahoo?), so that is why I am trying to transfer this recovery e-mail to my main one. I have e-mailed support already, but I have not received any replies at all, so I am wondering if you guys can help me out with this. I really want to get back into this game again.

In this case probably not, sorry

In this case probably not, sorry

Are you sure? I'm not trying to retrieve a key under someone else's possession (like a friend's key), I'm trying to recover my own key, that is currently bound to this very forum account. Because I purchased the key, and the key is still, technically, under my possession. I would understand if I was trying to get someone else's key that "let me have their Blockland ID," but this isn't the case. I would feel very conned if I were to have to purchase another key. Hopefully Badspot can respond, I want to hear his perspective on this situation, and how, if it can, be solved.

perhaps if you prove it's yours he might give you your blockland id via PM

i dont know how you could prove it though

Are you sure? I'm not trying to retrieve a key under someone else's possession (like a friend's key), I'm trying to recover my own key, that is currently bound to this very forum account. Because I purchased the key, and the key is still, technically, under my possession. I would understand if I was trying to get someone else's key that "let me have their Blockland ID," but this isn't the case. I would feel very conned if I were to have to purchase another key. Hopefully Badspot can respond, I want to hear his perspective on this situation, and how, if it can, be solved.
As far as I know, to change the email, you have to provide the key or some proof of purchase.

I can prove it because I actually remember two sequences from the key. I don't know if that can qualify as proof, however. We'll see when Badspot replies.

Just by owning this forum account he proves that he has the key.

Just by owning this forum account he proves that he has the key.
Good point.