Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 4

Author Topic: Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 4  (Read 772 times)

Backstory
I work at a grocery store as the Maintenance Manager aka "The Porter". What that essentially is, is the guy who keeps things running, neat and orderly. If a soda machine breaks down, I have to fix it. If a light goes out, I replace it. If somebody dies in the bathroom, I dispose of the evidence. My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance. I take the departments trash away, clean the bathrooms and sweep floors when needed.

"Hmm, could you rearrange all that... Again?"

Because of the latest blizzard my region had, our store had to bring all the shopping carts into the store to keep them from being buried under three feet of snow. The ones left outside were flipped backwards for some dumb reason. Now that the snow is taken care of, I was the poor fool assigned to bring all the carts back to where they should be. The guy that was supposed to loving do this called out cause his dog was choking on a hot dog, idfk.. Now, before I began to haul these sonsabitches back I ask: "Should I flip them back around?" Meaning "should I flip them the way they normally are." The store director looks at me and says "Yes. Flip them around." Okay, it won't be fun or easy, but I'll do it. After an hour or so, I finish. All the carts are out and facing one way and they are all back outside.

Hours later, the store director comes to me and tells me "Oh, the carts should be backwards. Go flip them all back." Oh fantastic. You want me to go and flip all the carts back around again for a second time? Sure, why the forget not!? While Im at it, should I also adjust all the isles to be parallel to the equator too!?
It also doesn't help that they gave me full day shifts on all four days dying the blizzard. Starting when the snow began to fall to when it was all taken care of. But that's not so important.. But really.. Why the hell would they.. Never mind.

Summary

Was told to flip all the carts in the store around and organize them just to be told to put them back the way they were. Also was given max hours over a blizzard and was fully expected to shovel the store out the entire time. forget my job.

See Episode 1 here

See Episode 2 here

See Episode 3 here

I don't understand how you could handle such stupid directions as these are.

Oh god, aisles must be paralell to the equator. Im pretty sure thats a rule!

Yeah, not much bullstuffs been going down lately. I'd call this one a stretch.
However, this really made me mad.

after all the stuff you've had at this place you shoulda quit

i've had 3 jobs and none of them were quite as bad as this.  i just had to deal with rich guys, their bitchy wives, and their horrible kids

after all the stuff you've had at this place you shoulda quit

i've had 3 jobs and none of them were quite as bad as this.  i just had to deal with rich guys, their bitchy wives, and their horrible kids

Id love to, but where I live I'm lucky to have a job.
We have so much tax new business dies in months along with it's jobs.

has someone srsly died in the bathroom

diarrhea more like DIE-rrhea it's a poop joke you guys come on wow.

No but in all honesty, someone did have a stroke in the bathroom at one point.
However, that was many years ago.

Sound like you have a fun life.