left/right guns akimbo

Author Topic: left/right guns akimbo  (Read 1762 times)

Why not a SMG in one hand a sawed-dual in the other?
Would make a little more sense

Corporation gave me this idea. I'd like to see something like this BUT include a left and right mouse click attack function. Left mouse fires the SMG and right mouse fires the sawed off shotgun.

It won't be compatible with jets but who the forget actually uses jets in first person shooting games?

This is a fairly simple idea, but it would might require changes in the weapons, or forcing the player to mount the items to their other hands and have manual "onFire" calling methods with awkward cool down times. It can be done, but it would be meh.

Wouldn't the right/left thing constantly be switching states?
It would essentially be two weapons in one mod...
I think we might be able to do this with extrudes Side Sniper addon.

Well put Ephialtes' shotgun in one hand and the default gun in another.

I've done this in the past; it's pretty simple.

Unfortunately because of how the game is designed you have to make two ShapeBaseImageData datablocks to allow for items to be held in alternating hands. The only difference between these two datablocks is the value of "mountPoint". There are some images in the game that are funky when equipped in this manner.

The more complicated part of this project would be changing the Armor::onTrigger function to fire the second image when the player jets. This is also not too difficult, but it removes the ability to jet and requires the player to learn the new function of a weapon.

The more complicated part of this project would be changing the Armor::onTrigger function to fire the second image when the player jets. This is also not too difficult, but it removes the ability to jet and requires the player to learn the new function of a weapon.

I've seen this done with weapons that require right mouse to reload. zI don't use shooting games with jets anyways.

who the forget actually uses jets in first person shooting games?
Me, espies good 4 dodging

It won't be compatible with jets but who the forget actually uses jets in first person shooting games?
Battlefront 2
Planetside 2
Some blockland DMs.
And the occasional game you can't remember.
Good times

You can still have jets work along with firing with right click...

Thought you might find this interesting:

Even though it was a bug, my old "Use Key" add-on allowed a sort of two-handed control.
While having Guns Akimbo equipped, pressing the Use Key would fire the left-handed gun only.

So basically:
$mvTrigger1++; will trigger whatever image is mounted in slot 1.

Seems like a good idea and I can't see why anyone wouldn't be able to do it. It seems so simple I feel like doing it right now just to see what'd it be like as soon as I get on my computer...

But why would you need armor::onTrigger if you can't just do something for right-clicking in the Ready state for the shotgun? Unless you can't and I'm being dumb right now

okay i have absolutely no idea how to do this
i have no idea how to make the double barrel (left hand) actually do the sequences that it's supposed to
i used armor::onTrigger to attempt to do this via this approach:
Code: [Select]
package AkimboSMGLupara
{
   function Armor::onTrigger(%this, %player, %slot, %val)
   {
   %obj.setImageTrigger(1,1);
   }
};   
ActivatePackage(AkimboSMGLupara);

to no avail
(%obj.setImageTrigger(1,1); being ripped from weapon_guns_akimbo)

anyone have any ideas