Poll

How to keep players from cheating?

Low health
Addon powerful bot weapons
Trust?

Author Topic: Castle of Intrigue (Puzzle Adventure/challenge) (Part 2 Out!)  (Read 7490 times)

Castle of Intrigue

What is this?
This is a puzzle adventure/challenge map built using only default bricks and events. You can go get the first part here. There will bve a second part implimenting bots.

Screenshots

Updates
Progress!
-Snip-

Part 2 Updates
Update on Part 2!
More Update!

Other
Feel free to join the server as this is being built and test out the map so far.
Please post suggestions for puzzles and ideas for improvement.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:49:23 PM by kobble »

Looks nice so far, I like the default style to it.

I likes it.

However that puzzle with the paint (was it paint) made no sense

Looks nice so far, I like the default style to it.
I don't get why people do this
It's not like default bricks look better or anything
Instead they look ugly in most situations that a single custom brick can solve

I don't get why people do this
It's not like default bricks look better or anything
Instead they look ugly in most situations that a single custom brick can solve
You clearly do not understand the concept "simple" then.

You clearly do not understand the concept "simple" then.
It's not "simple", you have to plan alot more to get the job done with limited bricks and the result looks less cool.

It's not "simple", you have to plan alot more to get the job done with limited bricks and the result looks less cool.
I can honestly cook something up really cool and the result can be much cooler than a lot of stuff out there that uses non-default bricks.

I'm just saying you don't need all these special bricks, everything is accomplish-able with the basic things we have already. I feel like a hypocrite saying this but I actually do use special bricks, but only things that are absolutely necessary (window bricks + 1random brick pack) which help a ton.

I might just be thinking of people who overload their bricks.

I can honestly cook something up really cool and the result can be much cooler than a lot of stuff out there that uses non-default bricks.

I'm just saying you don't need all these special bricks, everything is accomplish-able with the basic things we have already. I feel like a hypocrite saying this but I actually do use special bricks, but only things that are absolutely necessary (window bricks + 1random brick pack) which help a ton.

I might just be thinking of people who overload their bricks.
You never experienced the magic of scaling your bricks however you want them so they always fit, did you

And because we can't scale bricks anymore we have hundreds of different bricks so we always have one that has the lengh we need

sounds fun, but personally i dont like too many single player games unless there are hard puzzles. build still looks cool though

to zeblote and derr's discussion, i think that many brick add-ons take away from blocklands lego feel, or make things overly detailed. a good amount of people who use too many brick addons seem to try to make blockland something its not, and sometimes makes the build unattractive. personally, i like the default feel the most, but its really hard do well (i cant really do it)

Its simple, take that as a compliment.

since when was jvs made default?