Author Topic: Bluzone Add-Ons: Prints, Music, Playertype, Daycyle. [[+RPCHAT]]  (Read 15281 times)

So, it's been a while, so I thought I may as well release these. Included in this post is the music loops, sound effects, playertype, prints and day cycle used in the Bluzone.

MUSIC
Atmospheric loops used within the Bluzone.
To install, drop in Blockland/Add-ons/Music

Bluzone - Caverns
Eery loop used in the caverns. Blowing wind, dropping water and if you listen closely... Something more...

Bluzone - Day
The loop used during the day time, has blowing wind, scattered gunshots and odd animal noises.

Bluzone - Labs
Ambiance for the underground labs. Has the sound of a ventilation system, along with strange and scary noises.

Bluzone - Night
Loop used in the night time. Has crickets, blowing wind and scary noises.

Bluzone - Rain
When it rains, it pours. Rain loop used in the Bluzone.

Bluzone - Sewers
Flowing water and eery echoes, this is the loop used in the Sewers.

Bluzone - Waterfall
A simple, short loop of a waterfall. Can also be used for flowing water.

DAY CYCLE

Link

Simple, and staight forward. Colours are obvious, day is light, night is dark, dusk and dawn have a lovely shade of orange. Very scenic, and easy to apply.

Bluzone Player

Link

Special player used in the Bluzone. The player moves slightly slower than normal, and has an energy bar. This limits the player's jump until it charges again. On average, the player might be able to jump three times before needing to wait for it to recharge. The jump is also much lower, and the player can really only jump up about four-and-a-half blocks. To stop players from running-and-gunning, strafing is much slower.

The biggest appeal, however, is the health system. Players regenerate health over time, but at first slowly. As time passes, the health will start to heal quicker. Say, it will heal one point per second for the first five seconds, then go up to three points and so forth.

Well tried, and useful. To my understanding it's also being used in the roleplay WinterBite right now!

Prints

Link

A collection of 2x2f prints used within the Bluzone. Prints include a series of posters, all great for your apocalypse or survival roleplay. Others are miscellaneous, like advertisements or magasines.

RPCHAT

One of the most outstanding parts of the Bluzone, RPChat.
Developed by Clockturn, SolarFlare, Lugnut and myself, RPChat is a chat system designed for (you guessed it) roleplays.
RPChat can be a little difficult to get your head around at first, but put simply, here's how it works:

> This changes all communication to be in local talk. Talking normally, (default T) is talking locally, and will only be seen by those near you.
> To talk globally, or "broadcast", you can use Team Chat (default Y). This is like talking into a radio, or walkie-talkie.
> To do an action or a /me, simply put a "^" before what you say in normal chat.
> To talk OOC, or Out-Of-Character, place a "^" before what you say in team chat.
> To whisper, place a ">" before what you say in normal chat. Only those very, very close to you can see what you say.
> The default chat distance can be changed in RtB preferences.
> When you say something, a star will appear above your head. It will also appear above the heads of those who heard it.

From Lugnut's changelog:

+Seperated mod into multiple files because it's so goddamned big
+Added eval (for debugging)
-removed eval for release
+Added shorthand functions for use with eval (fcbn, fpbn, etc)
+Added method to remove ownership from saves. This is useful for when dumbass mcblock uploads a save with ownership. zombies are broked unless minigame host owns their spawns. /removeSaveOwnership
+Added logging to everything
+added /hearall. allows super admins to hear every chat that flows through the server.
+added /silentSetName. Does as it says on the tin.
+added /adminToggleOOC to allow disabling of OOC. // probably works
+added /toggleOOC, /toggleRadio, to allow client-sided toggling of ooc and radio.
+added /goCloak to allow super admins to spy on noobs.
+added /shutdown to allow super admins to kick everyone with the reason "the server was shutdown." It also sets the password to $Pref::Server::secretPassword.
+added /private and /public. /private passwords the server with a random alphanumeric string. /public removes the password.
+added /restoreBricks because for some stupid reason, people like to forget up and overwrite the temp.bls. /restorebricks takes base/server/temp/backup.bls and puts it in base/server/temp/temp.bls, allowing fast loads via /reloadBricks. You will have to manually create backup.bls, the game won't make it for you. (just rename temp.bls)
+/whois now accepts three inputs. None, a RP Name, and a character name. None lists all players.
+ADDED /CARRY. This tool allows you to "pick up" another player and carry them in your hands. Basically lets your rp look right. Player A uses /carry B, where B is the playername (not rpname) of the target player. you have to be within 2.5 blocks of the target. player B either does /acceptCarry or /declineCarry to accept or decline. on accept, B is placed in A's arms, and plays the 'playdead' animation which makes it look legit and stuff. player A must then do /drop to set down B. B cannot use /getDown to get down because I'm lazy. I might make this. I think B can jet to get out.
+Added rpstatus. do /status status message here to set your status. shown when someone clicks on you. clickmod taken from JazZ or Yola or yahoo or whatever the forget his name is
+Added whispers. do > before your message to whisper it. the sound travels 2 bricks.
--Modifications to /setname
+stupid parse. removes < and > from names, for idiots too illiterate to understand that basic concept. also capitalizes the first letter of the names. also automatically bans for 15 minutes.
+strips ml control characters. this means no stupidass coloured names.
+checks if the users name is in the rpname they tried to set. For example, if I do /setname Lugnut Seagull, it will deny me. If I attempt to do so again, the system will ban me for 15 mintues automatically.
+checks for swear words in rp name. I have nothing against swearing, as evidenced by this log. However, your name is not "richardbag Mcforget". You will be banned for 15 minutes for trying it.
+system saves all names when one user uses /setname. no more lost names because your neighborhood admin forgot to do /rpcsave.
+/silentSetName has a secret function: 3 word names. Do this: /silentSetName Captain Karan S'jet 1. your name will come out as "Captain Karan S'jet" instead of "Captain 'S'jet' Karan".
+added a little rtb pref for what the rp name is. X has entered the... [string]. This changes the X has entered the Bluzone! message so it's custom.
+fixed ooc chat not working. Thanks padmedog.
+added a pref so you can make last names not required.

Obviously, Lugnut did pretty much all of the work-- so thankyou Lugnut!!

Link

So, that's it!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:40:57 AM by Kniaz »

Great add-ons, server failed, though.

o
this will be useful

Great add-ons, server failed, though.

Server failed...? You can't seriously still be butthurt over getting banned.
It didn't fail, I simply closed it.

theres a fine line between closing something and nuking it.

theres a nuke involved in one.

Server failed...? You can't seriously still be butthurt over getting banned.
It didn't fail, I simply closed it.
That ban was still absurd, forgot what it was about but still absurd. I kind of rejoiced the day it closed...

That ban was still absurd, forgot what it was about but still absurd. I kind of rejoiced the day it closed...

what about the chatmod?

what about the chatmod?

I think Lugnut released that a while back, but I'll throw a link in OP anyway

releases the addons. still doesn't make any plans to ever play. sigh. :(

... I still play Blockland?
Or are you talking about Bluzone?
Haha... It had its run.

BluZone was the stuff back in the day. I loving loved it. I didn't play the new one though.

rpchat was already released?
read posts >.<