The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341684 times)

there needs to be a pointless prop system so that you can throw around random objects
if there isn't already

I'd imagine extra furniture and stuff will be added later for prettiness.

I absolutely love the pixel style.
But character sprite rotation, are you sure it's a good idea to have players become flat to the screen?

I absolutely love the pixel style.
But character sprite rotation, are you sure it's a good idea to have players become flat to the screen?

Basically the only sprites that do rotate are the players, since they have weapons this allows you to see their direction easily.

Every other entity in the game just faces forward, this also allows you to instantly detect who's a player and who's a monster... unless you just ate a mushroom that turned everyone into mushrooms, in which case you're SOL.

-- Insert relevant image here if I end up making that --

Unrelated images, here are the screen shots I put on that banner. They came out pretty nice.

Wish I could have gotten a lower angle shot of all the characters, but it was hard to get a good looking shot that had most characters legible.

Bonus: There's one character who doesn't belong in the second image, find him and win a prize.

Pro Tip: If you're ever making a banner or some type of printed out CMYK image, make stuff bright as forget.

Is it the painting with the house?

??
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:08:19 PM by Emgiell »

there's a red guy in the back with a goofed up black things on him

idk if that's the thing but it sure doesn't seem like it should be there

looks like it got placed over some 3d thing

Edit:
It's the Char Creator.

Good eyes people, I actually didn't notice that the same sprite was there twice lol.

Another thing out of place is this poor debug sprite,

His file name is Rain so he originally was a purple ninja, http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Rain

Then I garbled his data to test something, and he is now forever immortalized!

does the cookie count as out of place?

Basically the only sprites that do rotate are the players, since they have weapons this allows you to see their direction easily.

Oh, so that works then.

I also like the debug sprite. Make him a guy because you can.

I've noticed there are like, 3 different styles in the character sprites. The one with a foot pixel sticking off and one where it isn't. And then there is the object one where it's like an object or just something not a person.

I also think my headcrab is pretty cute.
Edit: I made some more.

The first one is my base. I also have no idea where the brown on came from, It was in my files.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:59:18 AM by nienhaus1 »

Don't take this as an offense, but the TF2 ones are adorable.

Seeing the Green Lantern character above gave me the idea of an Item Editor. For example, the Green Lantern could have all-green weapons. The altered items would be saved per-character.

I worry that it would just cause confusion though. Also, snake weapons.

Don't take this as an offense, but the TF2 ones are adorable.
I would never take that as an offense, I think they are all adorable.