The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345589 times)

Yeah definitely. I literally went up to one room and it was full of Dark Knights.
Other than that, the game is pretty rad. I actually a good amount of fun playing it.

yeah, those dark knights are the bane of my existence

Yeah, they definitely should be mini bosses with a big open room dedicated to fighting them and maybe a few weaker enemies. I also made them hittable during their attack for now.

if you get the feather item you start bouncing and it's super loving glitchy and you can get stuck in room transitions by repeatedly passively bouncing into a room with a transition and bouncing back into the first room, where you just repeatedly bounce unless you jump.

Can you elaborate a bit so I can track this down? Do you mean you encountered a bounce trap? Oh stuff it could be like that blockland glitch where you repeatedly bounce on the floor.

Got to play once again because I'm persistent in trying to play it.

Really loved it when I did play it, perhaps Skeleton John was a bit too much of a sponge considering it was just me and I might suggest he could try to land on you whenever he jumped to force you to move around a bit more, but that is up to you.

Yeah he's next on my list, he needs to be dynamic and fun not just a sponge.

--

Messed around with making a roll similiar to demons/dark souls,

Would definitely make a cool item, though I'm not sure what the sprite should be.

Edit: also does anyone know of a quick way to make high quality gifs? Premiere export is really quick but it produces a lot of artifacts at times.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:10:42 AM by Rotondo »

Can you elaborate a bit so I can track this down? Do you mean you encountered a bounce trap? Oh stuff it could be like that blockland glitch where you repeatedly bounce on the floor.

naw no bounce trap. I wish i recorded it but. basically after i got the feather, my character got super jumpy (like it would passively just spaz the forget out and move tiny amounts), i didnt jump or anything, and whenever i went between the zelda-style rooms where it moves the camera, I would bounce back and forth between the rooms (because presumably, the 'spazzing out' made me always spaz into the area where it transitions) and I could only get out of it by jumping into one of the rooms. Sorry I can't explain more but yeah. It happened twice when i had the feather.

Edit: also does anyone know of a quick way to make high quality gifs? Premiere export is really quick but it produces a lot of artifacts at times.
FFMPEG produces decent ones, otherwise you can always count on ImageMagick for Maximum Quality

how are you notifying people of playtests? I'd certainly love to be in on the action.

naw no bounce trap. I wish i recorded it but. basically after i got the feather, my character got super jumpy (like it would passively just spaz the forget out and move tiny amounts), i didnt jump or anything, and whenever i went between the zelda-style rooms where it moves the camera, I would bounce back and forth between the rooms (because presumably, the 'spazzing out' made me always spaz into the area where it transitions) and I could only get out of it by jumping into one of the rooms. Sorry I can't explain more but yeah. It happened twice when i had the feather.

That is super strange, definitely going to have to keep an eye out for that bug.

FFMPEG produces decent ones, otherwise you can always count on ImageMagick for Maximum Quality

Thanks I'll check them both out.

how are you notifying people of playtests? I'd certainly love to be in on the action.

Right now just this thread, if there's a better way I can use that but I'm not sure what people really check or the best way to get peoples attention.

Edit: I'm going to set a more proper email list thing up sometime soon, but that will be mainly used for the kickstarter or big updates. Don't want to spam people.

Edit: I'm going to set a more proper email list thing up sometime soon, but that will be mainly used for the kickstarter or big updates. Don't want to spam people.
spam me hard pls
I mean, public testings aren't that abundant, you don't do them a lot lol (unless that changes)

why does the website look like it's for mobile?

i dont know if im doing something wrong but i started a singleplayer game and its just on a constant "loading" screen without any end

i dont know if im doing something wrong but i started a singleplayer game and its just on a constant "loading" screen without any end
unless you're talking about the @team prototype, it was a multiplayer-only playtest

I think I need to check this more incase another public test happens

I mean, public testings aren't that abundant, you don't do them a lot lol (unless that changes)

I really need to do them more often.

why does the website look like it's for mobile?

It's a mixture of things, mainly laziness but also I hate making websites.

I think I need to check this more incase another public test happens

Well good news, this time I'm going to give a warning. Tomorrow, Monday, I'm going to do some testing around 7 PM EST. I'll put up a new download link at that time so don't download the old one.

--

The main new things in the test tomorrow are the improved boss,

And the new more linear flowing dungeon layouts,

So yeah, tomorrow at 7PM EST. I'll post an update if things change and I can't do the test.

I hope we unofficially refer to that slam attack with the projectiles as a 'chin-wag'.

tfw school prevents you from playing forgettable dungeon :panda:

Well good news, this time I'm going to give a warning. Tomorrow, Monday, I'm going to do some testing around 7 PM EST. I'll put up a new download link at that time so don't download the old one.