Author Topic: Bump - Turn-based platformer  (Read 10903 times)

(click above image to play)
I will explain this to the best of my ability. Bump is not your average platformer. Everything happens in turns. You move one space at a time, and each time you move the timer decreases by one. You can move in 8 directions - vertically, horizontally, and diagonally. You can move up 4 times, a full jump, before you start falling. You have to plan your movements and utilize your 8 directions to get as far as possible. There are moving spikes that move after you do, which means you can run into them before they move, or they can run into you after you move. You earn points by hitting coin blocks (the blocks with white dots) or by hitting blocks under spikes, making the spikes fall through the ground. Bomb blocks can be hit to destroy surrounding blocks. Normal blocks and coin blocks can not be destroyed unless they are hit by falling spikes. It's randomly generated and very unforgiving, as you can come across situations where it is impossible to progress. When you die, whether it be by accident or by Self Delete, the timer resets and you are put at the beginning of a brand new level.
This is all I can say about it. The rest you will have to figure out by playing.

tl;dr it's a turn-based platforming game

This is pretty awesome

EDIT: Yeah, this game is awesome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:54:00 PM by Reinforcements »

I have some tips.
1 : You can go through jump through falling spikes, but not falling enemies.
2 : You can bump blocks diagonally on the ground but not in the air unless its the bottom of a wall. not a ceiling.
3 : You can move through a falling spike on the floor right as it hits a block under it, making the falling spike act as a one use platform to jump off of.

Will give more tips if anyone wants em.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:24:48 PM by The Big Bad Jellyfish »

Oh my god I have work to do this is addictive I'm stopping now

Best: 13550 yay new best 16640

damnit time
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:15:43 PM by Rembrandt »

Best : 22880
oya beat that.
proof :

this game is extremely confusing