Author Topic: Crashing at ~3.5K AIConnections  (Read 2110 times)

For some reason, Blockland crashes once I've reached roughly 3500 AI clients. They don't all exist at the same time; there are only about fifty max at any given time. It seems as though the clients are being deleted when the AIPlayer linked to them dies, as I would expect... so why is the server still crashing?

Do I just have to not ever use 3500 AIs in the same server?

why would anyone need that much?

Does it matter?  He's probably just testing something, no need to be silly.

Servers should be able to be up indefinitely, and his problem is that creating and deleting AI connections eventually crashes the game, not that 3500 are in the server at once.  Name just about anything that might temporarily need an AIplayer and you have your reason.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:45:28 AM by Nexus »

Maybe they aren't being completely deleted somehow?

Post code
not going to happen :/

He's spawning a bunch of bots (probably)

Bumping this because I have the same issue. It crashes with a runtime error.

Its probably just a blockland problem, maybe it just cannot handle so many Ai connections at once? I've had the problem before, and why would you need lots of Ai connections for?

Its probably just a blockland problem, maybe it just cannot handle so many Ai connections at once? I've had the problem before, and why would you need lots of Ai connections for?
Yeah, I just sent a PM to Badspot.

It's not that I will have 3.5k AIs in the server at the same time. If you only have 1 AI in the server at a time and you create and then delete it 3.5k times, the server will crash.