Author Topic: Recurring Welcome Message?  (Read 2003 times)

I put "BUILD SOME loving ROBOTS MATE" as my welcome message about 7 months ago, and from then on I have had to change it every time I make a new server because it just shows up as "BUILD SOME loving ROBOTS MATE". I change it to what I need to, and after I finish with my server I'll disconnect or quit to desktop, and when I make a new server it shows up as "BUILD SOME loving ROBOTS MATE". How the hell do I fix this? It doesn't exactly make me unable to play the game, but it's still really annoying.

Are you closing blockland properly with the quit button on the menu and is blockland/config/server/prefs.cs not read-only?

Are you closing blockland properly with the quit button on the menu and is blockland/config/server/prefs.cs not read-only?
I don't know if it's read only. How would I find out? It's a CS file.

I don't know if it's read only. How would I find out? It's a CS file.
Right click the file and check it's properties.

This happens to me too, It doesn't even change after I change it, It's stuck the way I last had it forever.

It's not a read only.

Are you using a dedicated server?

I have the same issue.  Mine is saved as I DON'T KNOW AAA everytime I start my sever..  And when I forget to change it, it looks funny :c

Hopefully a solution will come forth.

I have the same issue.  Mine is saved as I DON'T KNOW AAA everytime I start my sever..  And when I forget to change it, it looks funny :c

I got a solution, this used to happened me too, but I made it that my server has a new welcome message.
I mean, I cant put different welcome messages saving, but I can change it so It says a decent welcome message.

Now go to Blockland/config/server/prefs.cs
Make a copy for the prefs.cs if something goes wrong.
What I do is change name of prefs.cs to prefs.txt, then I search for the welcome message option, and change it.

Now when you change welcome message make sure that you put '' at the start of the message, then when you finish it put ''; at the message, Colors do work.
Example:

''<color:00FF00>Welcome to my server %1.'';

When you finish it, chance prefs.txt again to prefs.cs and move it to Blockland/config/server

If everything is alright, it should look like this ingame
Welcome to my server Checko2100.

Try this.

Host the server, change the preferences you want.

Then do quit(); in the console.

This should tell the game to export all of the preferences and then shut down the game, the preferences should be saved from that point.

Try this.

Host the server, change the preferences you want.

Then do quit(); in the console.

This should tell the game to export all of the preferences and then shut down the game, the preferences should be saved from that point.
That didn't work. I'll try it again just to be sure, and then I'll try Checko's idea.

The same thing happens with my server, I just never bothered to fix it. Is this a bug or is something preventing the welcome message from being saved on quit?

Are you changing the pref via RTB? I was pretty sure Ephialtes stated this was a bug with RTB somewhere