@venture -BASEMENT ADVENTURES-

Author Topic: @venture -BASEMENT ADVENTURES-  (Read 3836 times)

!ntroduction
if it isn't immediately obvious by the name, this forum adventure is very heavily inspired by Rotondo's The @ Team, and, in turn, Rogue, and Roguelikes in general
the adventure is being played out in a small RPG maker game that i've been fleshing out lately; i'll periodically release the game itself so people can see what they might have missed or what might have happened if they'd made different decisions.

¢haracters

Ved
Level 1
A normal man being drawn into a paranormal war.

$pecial thanks
Rotondo, of course, for making The @ Team and reminding me that good old text parsing Roguelikes are always enjoyable. (even though it wasn't a text parser)
of course, the fine gentlemen behind Rogue, Hack, and NetHack for making the genre what it is today.
the surprisingly active community maintaining the NetHack Wiki, providing me with infinite resources regarding stats and glyphs.
everyone over at ChipMusic.Org for providing me with great music to back the game, specifically to John Marwin.
cactus, who has provided me with a ludicrous amount of inspiration.
finally, of course, to Enterbrain, for making such a surprisingly flexible and easy to use engine.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:36:01 PM by RagnaTheBroedge »

chapter 1
-voices-

cue bgm

*thump*

What will you do?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:09:41 PM by RagnaTheBroedge »

put on your diamond helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots clothes for going outside

then go collect that bag of gold cow feed or whatever it is next to your table

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:10:38 PM by RagnaTheBroedge »

Cook the 'tater so that if you're hungry, you have something to eat along the way.

Calling it now: There'll totally be a crossover incident with the Venture Bros.

Check the damaged tile to the right of your bedroom.

Take your sword and peel, Then cut the potato and cook up some fried potatoes.

summon ralph cast holy for 300 damage equip dragon sword for 50 damage cast haste on self then ralph loop holy radial damage 5 dye drink potion

eat potato (after boiling/steaming it, peeling it, and mashing it up with salt)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:11:15 PM by RagnaTheBroedge »

Wouldn't an ASCII- or Dwarf Fortress-style be better than RPG Maker?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:50:26 AM by Electrk »

oh my god electrk, no, that's too ugly

being a forum adventure, people need to be able to clearly see what is what
and really, it just looks bad