Author Topic: Brick Making - How to?  (Read 1709 times)

I'm pretty interested in making new bricks for BL, and I'm not sure how. I'm ok with starting by making simple bricks(even ones that have already been made), and then starting to learn how to make more complex ones like doors or something. But I just need a general step by step guide.

My current interpretation is that I'm supposed to model a brick in blender(that I don't know how to measure in bricks), texture it somehow, convert it to BLB using Badspot's converter, make it a weird script called server.cs, and then plop it into add ons.

Question is...how do I do any of this?

Using a model is the new way of making bricks. I make bricks the old way.

If your making a simple brick like a 1x1, 5x5 plate, 64x64 cube, or something like that. Or if your looking to make bricks the old fashion way, than I suggest reading THIS.

Using a model is the new way of making bricks. I make bricks the old way.

If your making a simple brick like a 1x1, 5x5 plate, 64x64 cube, or something like that. Or if your looking to make bricks the old fashion way, than I suggest reading THIS.
That tutorial is actually really bad at teaching anyone how to make bricks.

I learned almost everything I know through trial and error, and help from friends.

(that I don't know how to measure in bricks)
0.5 0.5 0.2 = 1x1F brick

one blender unit is actually equal to a torque unit
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:45:44 AM by otto-san »

How do you make bricks like, 1x7. I saw a video of like a program where you pick the dimensions and it gives you the file. Not the modeled bricks, but like, the 3x2.

Question is...how do I do any of this?

I learned how to do all of this recently, so I may be able to help you somez.  However it's 2:46 AM.  So.... there's no way I can write up a tutorial right now.  I'll attempt to remember it tomorrow.

Pester me if I forget and no one else helps you.

Ok I created all of the text for the tutorial and took all of the pictures.  Now I have to edit the pictures, upload them, and post it.

Also I should be paid for this.  Do you have paypal? >.<

EDIT:  Done making the tutorial.  Hopefully it helps.    tut
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:59:58 PM by Dglider »