Author Topic: StarMade - Ahhhh Big Ships  (Read 143504 times)

Generally for a good harvester you want it really long. Here's my two harvesters as an example.

Also some of my other ships I've made are here.
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/sord213/library/Starmade%20stuff
My favorite is my cargo ship. With a top dock large enough to carry the big harvester around. Tons of cargo capacity, INCREDIBLY FAST for the size, all of the engines are actually connected (for each side), making it hit 50 in about 2/3 seconds. It also has 4 decently rapid firing laser cannons, although one of them is broken and fires from below for some odd reason and nothing I do fixes it. It spawns the laser one block down and to the left of the cannon, no clue whyyyyy. It's so annoying.

Right, so there's no way to manual save if you wanted to?
As far as I know, no. But you can change the autosave interval, just edit SECTOR_AUTOSAVE_SEC in server.cfg located in the main folder.

Are you guys playing singleplayer, or multiplayer on private or public servers?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:40:09 PM by Gravity Cat »

I'm working on some designs in singleplayer atm then I'm gonna venture forth into the world of public servers

As far as I know, no. But you can change the autosave interval, just edit SECTOR_AUTOSAVE_SEC in server.cfg located in the main folder.

Are you guys playing singleplayer, or multiplayer on private or public servers?

Nice to know, thanks.
Also I've been in singleplayer, I've been looking for someone or a couple people to play multiplayer with on a private server I can host, but none of my friends play this game.

So I've just started playing this game, and holy stuff in the beginning, killing a pirate ship is profitable. Should I pool my newfound cash into a great ship right away, or wait for something better?

So I've just started playing this game, and holy stuff in the beginning, killing a pirate ship is profitable. Should I pool my newfound cash into a great ship right away, or wait for something better?

Just go to an ice planet and mine ice crystals for max profit, use hull for your ship.

As far as I know, no. But you can change the autosave interval, just edit SECTAre you guys playing singleplayer, or multiplayer on private or public servers?
I've been playing on a public server.

Oh, also for some reason I can't change the orientation of wedge/corner hull blocks. Any explicit way to do so or is this just a glitch?

lol, i made a harvester of ~4000 salvage cannons

Oh, also for some reason I can't change the orientation of wedge/corner hull blocks. Any explicit way to do so or is this just a glitch?
Hold control, in the top right corner you can press the arrows to select an orientation.

Also, I saw on the site that people post saves of ships they've made.
Does anyone know where you save the file to?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:15:35 PM by Ticonderoga »

This game is pretty fun once you know the controls.

This game is pretty fun once you know the controls.
Which aren't hard at all . . .

Minecraft far away in the future, and that is awesome (even tho I don't like minecraft anymore)

I ended up selling the drops and salvaging the ship. I actually killed one with the hull mostly intact so I cleaned it up and rebuilt it as a different ship. Pirate ships are also pretty awesome to salvage period.

Hold control, in the top right corner you can press the arrows to select an orientation.

Also, I saw on the site that people post saves of ships they've made.
Does anyone know where you save the file to?
.sment files go to /blueprints/export/ and .smd2 files to /blueprints/DATA/. In the catalog tab in the buy menu you can save, load and buy ships.