Author Topic: StarMade - Ahhhh Big Ships  (Read 142245 times)

this is my spaceship
there are many like it
but this one is mine

I ended up selling the drops and salvaging the ship. I actually killed one with the hull mostly intact so I cleaned it up and rebuilt it as a different ship. Pirate ships are also pretty awesome to salvage period.

Yeah, I've ended up with a reasonably effective method of sneaking up on a ship and firing three quick hits. Typically the core starts to overheat within 10 seconds of the attack

Something I noticed: Saved ships are spawned as pirate ships. Pretty neat feature that keeps things a bit more interesting.

-snip-

this is my spaceship
there are many like it
but this one is mine
Cool, how much energy, shield/etc. does it have?

8 shield gens and I have yet to see anything get through, I'll probably add two more when i start playing on servers, it's got a power load of 400k and a recharge rate of around 50000 per second, and the engines are stuff lol

also the turrets like to have pissing matches, I'm working on fixing this but it looks like the only way I'm gonna fix it is by elevating the tower turrets even higher :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:49:18 AM by comr4de »

How to rotate as character in space?

How to rotate as character in space?
You can't. You're on a fixed camera. It's one of my biggest peeves of this game. No 6DoF

You can't. You're on a fixed camera. It's one of my biggest peeves of this game. No 6DoF
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

WHY

WHY

WILL IT BE ADDED OR AM I FOREVER CURSED TO NOT BE ALIGNED WITH MY SHIP

tap space, it aligns you with the floor

Something I noticed: Saved ships are spawned as pirate ships. Pretty neat feature that keeps things a bit more interesting.
Cool, how much energy, shield/etc. does it have?

lies, I have yet to run into any of my ships and if I did i would stuff myself out of their sheer combat effectiveness

do you have to restart your save to make this happen?

edit: so I'm working on a colonization ship and it's going to be docked with a landing shuttle. The question is wether or not the shuttle should have plexdoor skids or hull plating skids. I've landed on planets before and taken back off so I'm leaning towards hull plating.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:12:35 AM by comr4de »

lies, I have yet to run into any of my ships and if I did i would stuff myself out of their sheer combat effectiveness

do you have to restart your save to make this happen?

edit: so I'm working on a colonization ship and it's going to be docked with a landing shuttle. The question is wether or not the shuttle should have plexdoor skids or hull plating skids. I've landed on planets before and taken back off so I'm leaning towards hull plating.
I'm not sure if a restart is required, but you can toggle that feature in server.cfg, DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE.

I'm not sure if a restart is required, but you can toggle that feature in server.cfg, DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE.

I assume I'm setting that to false?

"oh hey guys so today i 'fixed' AI and by that I mean I SURE HOPE YOU DONT USE TURRETS LOL CUS THEYRE BROKE AS stuff

WHILE IM AT IT LETS MAKE ENEMY MOBS 1000x HARDER TO FIGHT"
-developer

pic related