0 (0%)
FROST
4 (13.8%)
frozt
2 (6.9%)
fro2t
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Warframe Megathread - UPDATE 9 IS OUT MOFOS  (Read 58026 times)

Clickable picture!

Useful links!
Official Alert Twitter
Warframe Wiki
/vg/ Steam Group
(we have an ingame clan too)

Warframe is a F2P co-op third person action game currently in open alpha/beta (this is unsure, lots of things say beta but the devs keep saying Alpha)
Think Mass Effect 3 multiplayer meets Dark Sector
(This game is based off of the original concept of Dark Sector, but Dark Sector was changed a lot between announcement and it's delivery, this is the purest form of their original game idea)

Story
Currently the story is extremely ambiguous but this is what we "know"

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.
There's lots of debate about whether the Tenno are evil or not, we are unsure, but they seem pretty bad. Some alert missions have you kill scientists that have cures to Infestation, or can "advance the human race"

What are Warframes?
Warframes are the name of the exoskeletons used in the Warframe universe.
They protect the wearer with regenerating shields while allowing him or her to use special abilities such as faster movement speed,
higher jumping heights or control over elemental forces

Ash is your "Assassin" archetype, he is getting a rework right now, so I wont post much on him.

Banshee
is a sound based Warframe that synergizes very well with a sniper type weapon.

Ember is the anti light-armor Warframe, she uses fire abilities to burn her enemies. Very strong vs infested.

Excalibur is your basic Warframe with basic abilities to get you into the game, he's very strong and he is one of the three options for a starting frame

Excalibur Prime is Excalibur but with one more V slot, only unlockable by being a founder, no significant benefits.

Frost is a slow heavily armored Warframe who plays slightly more aggressively than its tank brother Rhino. (My favorite!)

Loki is a manipulator rather than a frontline fighter, though that is not to say that he is purely a support. He is one of the three starter warframes.

Mag is appropriately named for her ability to completely control the surrounding magnetic energy. She is now (Update 7) a starter frame, replacing Volt.

Nova uses electromagnetic energy to contain and control highly voltile anti-matter that fuels her abilities

Nyx is a frame that uses chaos in her specials, she can  enemies and cause them to attack eachother.

Rhino is the heaviest of all the frames. His strength enables him to combine a mix of devastating offensive attacks with formidable defensive powers.

Saryn is a poison-based Warframe released in Update 7.

Trinity is great for players who prefer a supportive role. Warframes with healing technology are rare making Trinity a great equalizer.

Vauban The highly tactical VAUBAN uses his powers to create deadly traps that can zap, imprison and dimensionally crush enemies.

Volt is a high damage Warframe. Recommended for players who want a more offensive ability based class.

Screenshots

My "usual" loadout

My frames so far, gonna be building Ember tomorrow

What's cookin' right now

Also there's a few animated videos about a fictional squad in this game called the Frame Rangers.
Ep. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BNnJGngvKY
Ep. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBv2Hpqy1jc
Ep. 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTpMSKj0SIc
Ep. 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSe9F8Bs0V8

These are awesome, #4 just came out. They're really funny and accurate to the game

Player List
Hiiro326 - Aseor
Deadzone - CankleMonster (Private play/Solo)
KelBlock - ProSlayer64
ShadowsfeaR - VigilSerus
BuildaBox - Yncognyto
Dissolve - Benofdoom
NotKreation - KellanYay

Tell me your name and I'll add you to the list.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:18:04 AM by Hiiro326 »

Someone can't read.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=230080.0
That'd be you. That is a normal thread, OP said he made specifically to showcase a single video and possibly to connect. This is a megathread,

forget off

I hold nothing against him for making this thread.

Btw:

The "flow" mod helped so much in hitting round 15 on a hard ass survival mission.

If anyone wants to private play: my username is "CankleMonster" as you can see.

-snip-
Flow is very rare but it's amazing, I use it on my Volt.
Looks like you're ready to upgrade to mastery 2! :)

Flow is very rare but it's amazing, I use it on my Volt.
Looks like you're ready to upgrade to mastery 2! :)
Yep. It's so close! I actually picked loki by accident, guess it was destiny.

Glad to see that somebody finally made a megathread on this game.

Also, here's my Warframe:

Glad to see that somebody finally made a megathread on this game.

I've been waiting for someone to do it too, but I didn't see longevity in the first thread the way it was (no offense, Deadzone) so I felt like I had to make one v_v

Should I add you to the OP?
if so do you prefer private or public when you play?

Should I add you to the OP?
if so do you prefer private or public when you play?
Go right on ahead!
And I prefer both.

Go right on ahead!
And I prefer both.
Your username is ProSlayer64? Kinda hard to read on the small images xP

I'm VigilSerus on WF.

I just got the Latron and it is sooo gooood. Ugh when I level that stuff up its going to wreck.

I'm Yncognyto. If you want to add me then go ahead, I suppose. I haven't even made it past Mercury yet, though, lol.

I need help grinding a stuffton of fusion cores and such so i can finally get my mods upgraded..
- Showdown997

edit because i thought about pictures

Everything but the barrel diffusion and hornet strike are just there til i can level stuff up

and my loadout for every where im not using nyx or leveling up something

also how about we make some blockland clan or something so we dont just have to add everyone

and motion blurrrrrrr
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:35:01 AM by Spartan923 »

Your username is ProSlayer64? Kinda hard to read on the small images xP
Yes, it is certainly ProSlayer64. Also, I forgot to mention that those images I posted are slightly outdated. I'll post new ones soon.