Author Topic: Brick_QuarterRoad  (Read 6204 times)

Ah made some bricks that can be used to make some neat looking roads.  I used a quarter-road format so that you could make the roads any size you wanted, instead of just 32x32 or 48x48.  The actual pieces are 16x16.

Icon Images:

Flatish versions:

Ramps:

Hope yah like em. ^.^

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?pfkpaioj7ut0i6c

v2: Added the ramps.
v3: Added the sidewalk ramp.

Oh and thanks to Pecon for making this guide on how to make the icons.  Twas a big help.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:09:08 PM by Dglider »

First Toast!

Looks great!

these are pretty cool.

Could you try to make some ramp ones?

oh my loving god putting into words what we have needed for ages.

I wish.  I don't know how to export .dts collision shapes yet.  I need someone to teach me how.  Or maybe a good tutorial or something. >.<
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:55:41 PM by Dglider »

I wish.  I don't know how to export .dts collision shapes yet.  I need someone to teach me how.  Or maybe a good tutorial or something. >.<
Just model some boxes to represent the collision shapes, and name it collision-1

Just model some boxes to represent the collision shapes, and name it collision-1
COLLISIONCollision box, in game collision.  Anything that starts with the word "COLLISION" will be considered a collision box (so COLLISION1, COLLISION2, etc will work).  Collision boxes are boxes.  Complex shapes will be reduced to their bounding box.  Maximum of 10 collision boxes per blb.

Those are not .dts shapes and can't be used effectively for ramps.  I'm talking about the method [GSF]Ghost used for his terrain bricks.  Speaking of which, I could probably just hack'n'slash some of his collision shapes together to make a rampish road brick.  It wouldn't be pretty, and the sidewalks wouldn't have collision on them....  Ill add that as an optional, temporary brick until i can get some better skills up in ere.

Very very nice.

You should look into making them printable.

Those are not .dts shapes and can't be used effectively for ramps.  I'm talking about the method [GSF]Ghost used for his terrain bricks.  Speaking of which, I could probably just hack'n'slash some of his collision shapes together to make a rampish road brick.  It wouldn't be pretty, and the sidewalks wouldn't have collision on them....  Ill add that as an optional, temporary brick until i can get some better skills up in ere.
or instead of having a sidewalk and part of a road in one, split them up into individual bricks, like you did with the extra parts in the current pack.

or instead of having a sidewalk and part of a road in one, split them up into individual bricks, like you did with the extra parts in the current pack.
do this

Figured out the collision for the ramps.  I just realized while posting this that I didn't do a sidewalk ramp.  Ohwell.  I'll do that tomorrow along with shallower ramp bricks.  These ones are a bit steep.