WinterBite Ch3: Strongholds Bloody Course [RP] [CH3 Started!!!]

Poll

LONG LIVE THE...

Greenwood Bandits
Modernizers
Republic
Green Mafia (lmao)
Preachers (lmao)

Author Topic: WinterBite Ch3: Strongholds Bloody Course [RP] [CH3 Started!!!]  (Read 208360 times)

Click here to go to the Winter Bite Wiki

Click here to read the rules

Click here to go to the original thread

About The Server

Winter's Bite is a serious roleplay, simply put. With an in-depth storyline and its own chat mod made by Alphadin which allows for local chat, Winter Bite is the most immersive and detailed roleplay server to-date. First opened on the 1st December 2012, Winter Bite is still going and maintaining a living story with an ever-changing world which progresses over years rather than having a single day last twenty minutes. The roleplay is set in a fictional location in Alaska called Greenwood; a tourist destination now turned into a safe heaven from the events of an apocalypse by three factions which formed an alliance, creating a mini-society within the area. If you've been searching for a serious roleplaying server in Blockland, you've come to the right place.

Background Story Summary

In 2009, a group of students made an astounding breakthrough in science. They invented advancements into nano technology, effectively finding a method to regenerate and/or clean human cells with a programmable serum which was unnamed. Realizing how much money could be made, a drug-testing company looking for new investments named Latent decided to hire these students and sell the serums dubbed as "Genementers". Unfortunately for the students, Latent made it possible to mass-produce the Genementers easily, and they used a loophole to patent the design, and they fired the students.

Years of silence passed from the corporation, and people forgot about the technology.  However, in late 2012, Latent announced their new product, the Genementer. The product had the ability to alter a person at an extremely low level, across their entire body, allowing a user to cure even persistent diseases, such as cancers.  The product garnered huge amounts of media attention nearly immediately, and the corporation shipped it out in a rush.
Despite being expensive, it was still a huge success, selling hundreds of millions of copies around the world.  However, people started to abuse the injector to give themselves superhuman abilities, disregarding the device's original intentions. Governments began to worry, and eventually passed regulation on the injector, making non-government use of the Genementer illegal in most countries.  Citizens of the United States protested this law, forcing the government to repeal it, making the device legal once more in the United States, although regulated for use in athletic sports.  War became spontaneously more horrifying, as soldiers on both sides began using superhuman abilities granted by the Genementer in combat.
However, scientists discovered that the Genementer had been leaving traces of some sort of unknown infection in those who used it.  No one really knew what this meant, until November, when the infection started to affect people.  Those who were infected begun to lose sense of morality and gain an odd lust for violence; slaughtering people whilst spreading the infection to the unfortunate.  Despite keeping intact, the U.S military remained motionless due to how un-controllable the scenario was, until it then gathered up any remaining survivors that it could find and retreated, leaving the united states to rot.

In the tourist town of Greenwood, Alaska, police officers and military veterans pledged to keep the town in order; isolating the town from the rest of the world, and became known as the Republic. A smaller natural science research group within them sneaked their way out due to the lack of liberty within the town, and formed their own group now known as the Modernizers. Law was implemented into the town and criminals were exiled from the town; left to fend for themselves. Later however, a small camp was set up inside a radio station, but it remained nearly empty. The group figured out how to use the advanced radio equipment and called out for survivors, hoping to forge a small group. However, this caught the unlikely attention of many; including the criminals. This struck image to the other factions as the criminal caused background mayhem without the knowledge of the camp themselves, causing the camp to be further known as the Greenwood Bandits, despite the conflicts being settled by the two factions. Now, a new society has been created, and the three factions create the Greenwood Alliance in order to create a new society, although safety is unsure of as new threats appear from opposing factions.

Playable Factions

While allied, the survivors of Greenwood all have different views and thoughts on how to take on the apocalypse. Because of this, different opinions and leaders have been made and the factions have been forged

Greenwood Bandits

Led by Timothy Grecking, the Greenwood Bandits are holed up in a radio station. Don't let their name confuse you, as they pride themselves in neutrality. However, they are generally ignorant when it comes to the bigger game, and are much more enclosed than the other factions, and try to hide from the reality of harsh situations. While not as successful as the Modernizers, the Greenwood Bandits have a strong work ethic. If you're looking for law enforcement or labour, make your way to the Greenwood Station.

Modernizers

Led by Jennifer Regis and co-led by Mark Fox, the Modernizers are a group of geniuses and scientists bent on restoring the world in the name of science. They currently reside in their own headquarters which was built for the science team which inhabited it before the apocalypse began, and have created an underground system linking River-Side to the headquarters itself. Make Lemonade!

Republic

Commanded by Yumi Millard with support from General Stephen Heron and the backbone officials, the Republic was a group of military veterans, greenwood civilians and AWOL soldiers. Most were massacred after a sabotage in their defences, and the remaining ones have rebuilt their shelter in the forest. The Republic generally wish to restore peace, but they usually operate in corrupt or shady ways.

Media and Images

Screenshots by Mr.LoL

Downloads

Facepack Verson 3.1; last updated 3/7/14

You need this download to play! Create characters to join in the RP and store items in CrCo.

Updates

8/11/14 - Now accepting actor applications here.

5/11/14 - Chapter 3: Strongholds Bloody Course is now Online!

4/11/14 - Details for CH3 are here. CH3 launches tommorow!

4/10/14 - We're coming back

19/3/14 - The server is back up and running!

7/3/14 - Updated the facepack with new faces.

2/3/14 - New Frostbitten Update! Click here to visit the update.

15/2/14 - Unfortunately, RTB host is closing tomorrow. We're now searching for a new host. Any help is appreciated!

20/1/14 - Stopped discriminating against gingers and added them to the face-pack. Update your face-pack!

19/1/14 - Miles from Greenwood, a new flag is raised

22/12/13 - Removed super-ugly dirt cliffs. The build looks like Alaska for once. 200+ people are now unbanned aka everyone. Even if I hate your guts.

4/12/13 - The Republic Election event has started! The event will introduce players campaigning for the highest position in the Republic: Leader. A series of speeches, vote riggings and gaining support from the public which will all lead up to the new leader. Click here for details

Team Winter Bite

aka the admins

Theportalmaster, BLID 3636 - THE BIG CHEESE - " "
Doughboy, BLID 3079 - Admin - "The roof is not my son, but I will raise it."
Alphadin, BLID 7458 - Server Scripter, Professional cool-guy - "do the math."
Devvy, BLID 8385 - Server Modeller, ~~~arte - "ayyyyyyy lmao"
Xolerate, BLID 24232 - ~~~arte, Admin - ":^)"
Xedious, BLID forgotlol - Builder, Admin - "everything needs to be more kawaii."
Remousamavi, BLID 7237 -  Dedicated Builder - "blocks."
Badger, BLID 23892 - Dedicated Builder - "my dream is a world without winter bite."
Xiongu, BLID 7065 - Admin - "Alessia, shut the forget up, I'm memeing"

Whitelist Application

If you want to get into the server during important events or whilst no admins are present, you'll have to fill out a whitelist application. You may make several attempts to get in. To apply, please post an application in the steam group.

Note: Please spend time on your applications! Make sure spelling and grammar is correct and try to be unique! An hour writing an application in return for hours on end of roleplay is a good trade off. Responses will be given in the thread you post. If you posted your application before the start of Chapter 3, please repost it or it'll probably be ignored.

Click here for an example of a good application.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:57:14 PM by Theportalmaster »

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:09:11 PM by Theportalmaster »

I love this server.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:12:07 PM by Xolerate² »

Looks fun.  Will try it.

I see why you switched topics.

You can do awesome updates and stuff without nagging Ike.

You can do awesome updates and stuff without nagging Ike.
I think another reason is, Ike left wb I believe, so no chance of him updating the topic.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:53:07 PM by Xolerate² »

I think another reason is, Ike left wb I believe, so no chance of him updating the topic.
Oh?
Well, that's news. I can see why.

Alphadin:
Developer, mentioned 0 times.

:T

Firefights are generally more prolonged and enjoyable if you have a 'shoot to miss' rule.

I'm thinking about pulling out of development for awhile, I just don't feel dedicated anymore.

I'm thinking about pulling out of development for awhile, I just don't feel dedicated anymore.
nu ;(

We don't need anything at the moment at all, and you've done a great job with what you have done. Go enjoy yourself (in a 100% loveual way).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:57:51 PM by Theportalmaster »