Poll

None

None
0 (0%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tourney! (Signups July 14th!)  (Read 14662 times)

Logo made by Wound

The next tourney has been announced. Signup Applications open on Sunday, July 14th. Stay tuned for more info.

Ravencroft and Pablo beat WALDO and Kickflow 41-31 in the past champions game! See you all in July!

Teams:

Bracket Schedule:

About:
Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament includes a high quality arena that's used for intense games of basketball for the ultimate prize, which includes...well...nothing. This tournament is just for fun, but surely people will be getting teams together and be wanting to compete at a high level. I'm planning on having 8 teams that will be competing against eachother in a bracket format. 1st round, 2nd round, etc. Players must have a basic knowledge of basketball and must be available at specific times for when their games will be. There will be 4 quarters, and each quarter will be 5 minutes. The game will be scored based on actual basketball game scoring. 2 pointers and 3 pointers. Since stealing often makes games unrealistic, I have come up with a simple solution to this issue. There will be no stealing allowed before the ball handler reaches the half court line. There will also be no shooting the ball before half court. If these rules are broken, the other team gets to shoot 2 free throws. Each made free throw is 1 point added to the team's score. If you would like to join in on this tournament, start thinking of who will be on your 2 player team. I will be releasing team applications on Friday, April 12th. Also, please vote in the poll!

Game Rules:
No stealing the ball before the halfcourt line. This includes passes.
No shooting the ball before the halfcourt line.
No shooting the ball with the pass button.
Pass the ball in when it goes out of bounds or after someone scores.
Obey the referees and don't rage or else you receive a technical foul. Two technical fouls is an automatic removal from the game. An example is spiking the ball when you get angry.
Please try to play the full game even if you are losing. Rage quitting is looked down upon.
And please, have fun!

Hosted With:

Past Champions:
Pablo and Dwyane Wade, March 2013
WALDO and Kickflow, April 2013

Images of the arena:

Credits:
Ravencroft - Building, Eventing
The Brighter Dark - Building, Eventing
Whirlwind - Eventing
WALDO - Basketball item edit and arena sounds
Cowboy6 and Mango - CBM dedicated hosting
Wound - Topic logo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:40:48 PM by ravencroft »

Finally unbanned from the forums. Here's da new topic.

cnibevip

thank you very much

also i want a team

cnibevip

thank you very much

also i want a team
Do you not understand that the tournament is already underway?

I had a fun time today. I can't wait until the 2nd round, playing against Kingston and Jakob will be a great game! :)

I had a fun time today. I can't wait until the 2nd round, playing against Kingston and Jakob will be a great game! :)
inb4Jakobflamesyouandteammate

But seriously, I really need a new teammate, and an even one that is

Last tourney, Cuboid never went in the server once

And this tourney, Creeper isn't used to virtual basketball at least the same percentage as my experience with virtual basketball

We should have a Past Champions game where whoever wins this tourney verses us.

Do you not understand that the tournament is already underway?
you do know that i know that, right

i want a team for the next one.

you do know that i know that, right

i want a team for the next one.
That's not for a long time, you shouldn't be worried about that right now.

We should have a Past Champions game where whoever wins this tourney verses us.
I'm planning on doing that the week after the championship game. It will be a good game. :)

Rockin the Kareem Abdul Jabbar avatar. Perfectly made by Raven.

Everything is going as I predicted <not in my other prediction that I posted>. Except Pablo loosing. time to have a slight change of plans.

Hey raven wanna have the new court up and running by tomorrow so we can practice on it?