2013/05/03 - We made it!

Author Topic: 2013/05/03 - We made it!  (Read 45674 times)

I don't think that we'll get onto Steam, but us being on Amazon is just as good.
Badspot should now try to get us onto Desura too (I know we'll make it onto there).

I don't remember blockland being 2gb before

last time i had to download it it was 34mb
that was like 1 and a half years ago but still

I don't remember blockland being 2gb before

Technically, the launcher is 3.8 MB and the base game without any add-ons is 148 MB (subtract a few, includes some extra files like saves and screenshots). I guess that statistic makes room for some extra downloaded files from online servers.

Just did a test, the whole game without any modified files at all (directly from CDN) is 60.4 MB.

I was about to cum, but then it went back in after I saw the OP.

God damn it badspot

You literally made my heart stop for a moment.

This is good though, hopefully this'l attract that small bit of attention blockland needs to get us all the way to greenlight.

I thought you meant Greenlight but being on Amazon is also pretty amazing. I dont think you should sign Blockland up for any more sites though (Steam, and Amazon and no more)...we might seem a bit desperate.

Blockland is 2GB? Whoa.

...and purchasing via Amazon gift cards (they also take a bigger cut, but that's how it is).  Amazon direct sales use keys from the 50k block (apparently in random order), so that's where they're coming from. 
Wait on Amazon it says that gifting is not available. Why does it pick the keys in random order? oh well.

I thought you meant Greenlight but being on Amazon is also pretty amazing. I dont think you should sign Blockland up for any more sites though (Steam, and Amazon and no more)...we might seem a bit desperate.

Blockland is 2GB? Whoa.
No, not 100% vanilla blockland with no server downloads.
Just did a test, the whole game without any modified files at all (directly from CDN) is 60.4 MB.

So is this why the 8000 keys were reserved?