Author Topic: Pick-Up Power-Ups - Core v2, Double Score, Rebound, Shock Absorber  (Read 15396 times)

"P-P-P-P-Power Up!"

Pick-Up Power-Ups are items that can spawned on bricks and alter the way some things could be played. There are currently 4 Power-Ups, 2 Survival, 2 Utility.
Health Power Up:

Your basic health pick-up, grants back 25% of your max HP.
Shield Power Up:

Grants a shield with 40% of your max health strength, which then blocks out damage until it reaches its damage capacity.
Hop Up Power Up:

Launches a player upward x2 their jump height.
Designed to allow players take a quick upward path and force players behind them to wait.
Velocity Power Up:

Lurches a player forward, allowing them to move quicker through areas they really don't need to be in.

Downloads:

To change the power-up respawn time use, the brick's item respawn.
If you have any good ideas for power-ups, feel free to post them.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:06:43 PM by Alphadin »

oop accidentally posted it early
issue fixed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:42:21 PM by Alphadin »

I like them
9/10 Needs more variety

You should make one like the super bounce power-up from marble blast

Elaborate please. sounds fun, but need to know more.

It makes it so that if you fall a good distance and hit something, you bounce back up really high, I'll try to find a video or something

that game was the best. I still have it installed, hardly play it though...it's really fun if you use a gamepad, I have the F310 for it.

You should also steal the Shock-Absorber powerup from that game, it makes it so if you fall from a great height, you don't die.

Super-Bounce

I like them
9/10 Needs more variety

Currently Working on:
  • Double Score
  • Rebound (Super-Bounce)
  • Shock-Absorber

Currently Working on:
  • Rebound (Super-Bounce)
regenerate AP

that game was the best. I still have it installed, hardly play it though...it's really fun if you use a gamepad, I have the F310 for it.

You should also steal the Shock-Absorber powerup from that game, it makes it so if you fall from a great height, you don't die.

Super-Bounce

thank you, I couldn't find anything that was a good example

Can you add RTB prefs for each? Like how much health the health one gives, how much the shield protects, etc.

Can you add RTB prefs for each? Like how much health the health one gives, how much the shield protects, etc.
Most certainly.

To add on to the RTB prefs suggestion, you should make a lasting time option for the Velocity, Rebound, and Shock-Absorber power-ups.

To add on to the RTB prefs suggestion, you should make a lasting time option for the Velocity, Rebound, and Shock-Absorber power-ups.
I completely agree with this. It would be really awesome.