make the WW1 plane pack
1 (25%)
dont make them
3 (75%)
a better alternative [if there is one]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: June 02, 2013, 02:55:37 AM

Author Topic: WW1 plane pack  (Read 7148 times)

im sorry to bother you guy's about this. but dont you find it kind of stupid we dont have any WW1 WW2 plane packe or anything relating to those two glorious wars i mean come on they had it going i mean i know that stratofortess covered that but he kinda didnt do a very good job at making a PACK we need to make PACK'S im sorry if im kind of being a little bit of a jerk about it but come on we NEED better vehicles it's like i said before we need to change our way of THINKING. of TRAVEL im only trying to make things better trying to NOT let my voice be silenced and to improve gameplay

and im only saying this for the better of this game that we play the revolution the free will for :BLOCKLAND

the planes of ww1 i at least want done are

;fokker.dr1

;sopwith camel

;albatross d.III

;albatross d.va   

;fokker eindecker

;fokker dvII

;sopwith pup

;sopwith triplane

;neiuport 17

;gotha GV

;archo D.H.2.

;vickers vimy

and that is all
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:20:20 AM by ghostlll »

ok, so, starting from the top

first: no

we've got enough world war one-type planes already with the stunt plane and the biplane. the issue with making any sort of world war one pack is that we would essentially be making the same pattern of plane over and over, only changing textures and maybe distorting models to create a dozen or so palette swaps of the same core vehicle. all that does is cause us to waste datablocks, extend download times, and piss people off

typically vehicles in blockland are created to fill a niche that other vehicles don't- except in the case of cars, which are typically different enough in design (seeing as they don't have to fly) for it to be justifiable to make a bunch of variations because they don't all necessarily perform the same way

it would be enormously more practical to do something like make a small pack of biplanes and monoplanes with visible, silhouette-changing differences like added wing tips or modified wing angles or other various visual quirks to differentiate themselves from other planes in the same package, with performance changes that tie into these quirks

and even then, it's still not that practical. nobody has any use for that many planes.

second: no seriously what the forget why are you talking like that

we don't need a forgetin spiel (much less a poorly written spiel) on how glorious and patriotic making an add-on would be. it's an add-on. nobody's trying to show their pride for anywhere, they're just trying to make the game more fun by trying to appeal to as wide an audience (or, alternately, a very specific and-still-not-particularly-nationalist audience) as possible. you talking like you're standing on a soapbox is actually probably working against you

and the buzzwords are definitely working against you. you sound like a tool.

third: is that a slogan

are you serious

i'm laughing too hard to tell if you're serious or not this has gone too far

bushido shut youre LAZY stuff SMEARED ASS AND DO IT I SEND YOU IDIOTS TO DO ONE THING AND YOU FREAK OUT IM GOING TO ERIC HARTMAN ABOUT THIST SO forget YOU stuff COVERED MONGLIOD MOTHERloving ASS AND DO IT

i will speak out my ass all i want and you can do nothing about it

especially cause the forums aren't your personal workforce and nobody wants to work for someone who can't spell 'this' right in the first place

* note: ghost immediately reported me for not wanting to make his thing

i am laughing my lazy stuff-smeared ass off

thats it seriosly that proves that you lazy and you dont want to do it because you a FAT forget

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:34:17 AM by Ephialtes »

i never denied being lazy

what's weird is that i've given you a sound reason as to why this wouldn't be made, but you haven't tried to change your argument or argue against my point. you don't even seem to have a reason for us to make this beyond 'i want this made'

instead you're just insulting me. google 'ad hominem' for me

like feasibly if we had a real reason someone might make this, but 'fear of being yelled at over the internet' doesn't really make us want to do anything
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:34:38 AM by Bushido »

the worst part is i really was trying to get him to be useful :V

we had a good run i guess

Bushido.

I love you.

official best thread 2013

i will speak out my ass all i want and you can do nothing about it

especially cause the forums aren't your personal workforce and nobody wants to work for someone who can't spell 'this' right in the first place
Exactly, nobody has to do it. Also, why are you using caps?

I can't stop laughing