Setro BLID 34992 Admitting to DDoS'ing my server

Author Topic: Setro BLID 34992 Admitting to DDoS'ing my server  (Read 8661 times)

I doubt that Badspot would take legal action with the insufficient proof that he himself did it, I mean c'mon, RTB proof isn't exactly enough for that kind of stuff.

It's still good to get the word out of this type of horse stuff.

Raven could you get access to any CPU usage logs for your server? Would they update quick enough to see any change?

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble with the joke or anything else, but I did not expect this at all.
Stop trying to look innocent. These dudes have proof that you actually were dossing it, yet you don't have proof that you're right. You attacking a server like this isn't surprising at all.

I just messaged him on IRC wanting to hear his side.
No response, it's been five minutes.
I think he's either away or ignoring me.

I just messaged him on IRC wanting to hear his side.
No response, it's been five minutes.
I think he's either away or ignoring me.
what are you trying to achieve, again? Don't waste your time, we already have it here.

what are you trying to achieve, again? Don't waste your time, we already have it here.
Gee, sorry. I just wanted to see what he had to say.

Gee, sorry.
Why would you be sorry? for taking stuff from other users? this is something that bugs me, you go and do something harmless, get bashed, and apologize.

Racerboy, he can ask him for his side all he wants, it's not really a waste of time.

Stop trying to look innocent. These dudes have proof that you actually were dossing it, yet you don't have proof that you're right. You attacking a server like this isn't surprising at all.
to be 100% fair, we don't have evidence that he did it, but we have major reasons to suspect that he did it and are looking into finding evidence that he did it.

and yeah, him saying "my" is pretty solid but of course he could be being a little stuff and joking about ddosing. (which should still be revokable imo, but whatever)

Code: [Select]
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:40:45] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Trifornt<font:Verdana:12>: So... you got accused of DDOS attacking...
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:47:43] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: Look I dont want to make it worse than it already is
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:47:49] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I will admit it.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:47:51] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Trifornt<font:Verdana:12>: Racerboy is attacking me for wanting to know.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:47:54] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Trifornt<font:Verdana:12>: It's sad.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:48:07] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I think I should accept any punishment.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:48:09] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: Here I go.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:48:37] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: Alright, so I wanted to see if UDP Unicorn, a ddos flooder, which is categorized as a network strength tester, actually worked.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:48:51] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: And I was so dumb, and tested it on his server.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:48:58] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: Well, I lagged.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:04] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I asked anyone if they lagged as well.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:07] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: They said no.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:12] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I was the only one that was lagging.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:24] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: So therefore, no harm was caused outside of my network.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:40] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: So later on, I guess someone picked up the idea and started an actual DDOS
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:47] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: And the server lagged.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:49:58] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: And I made a joke saying that I was hacking, referring to hacking as puking.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:50:05] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: And after that I was permanetly banned.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:50:06] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: There
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:50:19] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Trifornt<font:Verdana:12>: Okay.
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:50:20] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I'm so ashamed of myself
<font:Verdana Bold:12>[19:50:25] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro<font:Verdana:12>: Something got into me
[19:50:33] <font:Verdana Bold:12>Setro: I'm sorry if I caused anyone harm other than my network
[19:51:53] Setro<font:Verdana:12>: You know what
[19:51:55] Setro<font:Verdana:12>: forget udp unicorn
[19:51:59] Setro<font:Verdana:12>: I'm going to uninstall it.
[19:52:02] Setro<font:Verdana:12>: It does nothing.
[19:52:09] Setro<font:Verdana:12>: And it only causes burden.
[19:52:17] Setro: I will never again try this on any blockland servers.
This is what he says. I'm not going to remove all of the Verdana things, so please bear with me.

What's so fun about testing a server's strength anyway?

Go play your Wii or whatever.

Raven could you get access to any CPU usage logs for your server? Would they update quick enough to see any change?
What the hell does CPU usage have to do with network spam?

tsk tsk tsk Setro:

Cowboy owns the hosting service I use btw

Badspot

• Administrator
Why would you be sorry? for taking stuff from other users? this is something that bugs me, you go and do something harmless, get bashed, and apologize.

Racerboy, he can ask him for his side all he wants, it's not really a waste of time.

Oh wow.  Ok.  So when people say "gee, <something>" they are almost always being sarcastic.  He was not apologizing legitimately, he was apologizing sarcastically to emphasize how unreasonable the abuse was.  Hope this tip helps you during your stay on planet earth.  

On topic: setro is now banned.  This isn't even the first time he has done something like this. 

I was actually being legit. I thought I had made him angry.

Oh wow.  Ok.  So when people say "gee, <something>" they are almost always being sarcastic.  He was not apologizing legitimately, he was apologizing sarcastically to emphasize how unreasonable the abuse was.  Hope this tip helps you during your stay on planet earth.  

On topic: setro is now banned.  This isn't even the first time he has done something like this. 
Hurrah!