Author Topic: [Cohort Application] Archipelago of Islode  (Read 3897 times)

I'm very excited to present my newest Cohort application.

The application consists of:

Seven Islands
Two Beaches
A Cave
A Market
Farmlands
Bots
Events

The build takes up 30 64x64 baseplates.

To avoid a huge thread (24 photos), I just compiled all of the photos into an album. Please take the time to look through each of them.
Hope you enjoy.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/meinekenBL/media/Archipelago%20of%20Islode/1Overview_zps323622ad.png.html?sort=9&o=0

You may rate 1-10/10.

Thanks.

Yes:3
No:1
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:02:30 AM by Evan5626 »

Beautiful, very nicely done, i like the detail put into the island terrain, along with the colour choice.
A cookie sir  :cookie:

here we are.

I saw your pictures and i have to say the build is pretty awesome. I would have liked more beaches and more variety in the terrain, we can still see the differents levels tssss!

You should also add more vegeration and various plants because i like it a lot huhu, but the plant you put are enough and its very good.

Finally a build where the houses are not oversized and very decent! You furnished the insides of the houses with nice little furnitures and it looks good for me. I especially like the guard tower, yes i do!

You added lot of details, this little boat is pretty lovely! maybe you could have taken night pictures with lighted paths! the market place is <3

quality of terrain: 2,5/5
vegetation and details: 3,5/5
Houses details and variety of the builds: 4/5
General layout: 4/5

13,5/20

I need to wait for others members to decide, but for me it may be a yes, i wait to see it ingame before the final decision!

Thanks WhoStole.

UPDATE: After seeing it in-game, Sylvanor said yes.

*gasp*

beautiful terrain, though that might be the shaders more. glad to see this kind of brickscape; i haven't seen it in a while. I especially like the cave, which I failed to develop well in my terrain guide.

everything fits nicely although it is clearly cramped. however the way its built also clearly tells us that its mostly for decor and not for "use", per se.

by the way, for those who feel this terrain is not hard to do: its not the difficulty of building terrain that is to be critiqued, it's how it integrates the build together and ties the separate objects connected to it in a fluid manner.

the main thing which I could see improvment on is variation in the foliage and maybe more ramp brick usage. brickscape is actually well-complimented with small ramps here and there; it adds variation and makes the terrain look overall more craggy, which is what i think you're going for on those cliff sides

*gasp*

beautiful terrain, though that might be the shaders more. glad to see this kind of brickscape; i haven't seen it in a while. I especially like the cave, which I failed to develop well in my terrain guide.

everything fits nicely although it is clearly cramped. however the way its built also clearly tells us that its mostly for decor and not for "use", per se.

by the way, for those who feel this terrain is not hard to do: its not the difficulty of building terrain that is to be critiqued, it's how it integrates the build together and ties the separate objects connected to it in a fluid manner.

the main thing which I could see improvment on is variation in the foliage and maybe more ramp brick usage. brickscape is actually well-complimented with small ramps here and there; it adds variation and makes the terrain look overall more craggy, which is what i think you're going for on those cliff sides

Thank you. I never thought of integrating ramps with my brickscaping

i think it's super neat, but let me just say something beforehand- Evan here worked on these apps for so long, and he obviously put his all into them. i gotta say, i think he'd be a great and productive addition to the team

the build itself is very nicely done, and even though im sort of a terrain detail whore i still think it fits, as conan said. the vegetation is not super variant but appealing, the buildings are nice.

i'd say yes
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:57:53 PM by Anti-Block »

i think it's super neat, but let me just say something beforehand- Evar here worked on these apps for so long, and he obviously put his all into them. i gotta say, i think he'd be a great and productive addition to the team

the build itself is very nicely done, and even though im sort of a terrain detail whore i still think it fits, as conan said. the vegetation is not super variant but appealing, the buildings are nice.

i'd say yes

Thanks Anti-Block

if i were in cohort which im not because of SPO i would say yes.

the terrain is lovely and the building/castle/fort thing on the biggest island looks and feels default which is good in my opinion.
i underestimated you ;)

An amazing build. One of the best Ive seen in a while! I hope you get in; and if I WERE judging in this clan, I would say yes :)

Thank you. I never thought of integrating ramps with my brickscaping
thank anti-block for the idea :P

i didn't realize how well it worked until he posted those gallery builds a while back.

thank anti-block for the idea :P

i didn't realize how well it worked until he posted those gallery builds a while back.
yeah, you just have to use it in the right places

redo your app for my clan. now.