Author Topic: Clan Guidelines  (Read 38633 times)

In order to have a successful clan you must;

• You must have a non-n00b reputation.
  • You need to use good grammar.
  • You need to have something well-known about you.
  • You should use punctuation.
  • You need to have planned clan activities before hand.
  • You need to be willing to give to your clan.
  • If you can, try to get a few people in your clan before actually posting it on the forums..
  • Never, ever, EVER post a clan about a build. Especially if that build is crap, is spam, or is any combination of the two.

And a few EXTENSIONS to those rules...

• You'd probably want to have a well laid out clan page. It's just kindof dumb to have a totally awesome clan with a terrible advertisement. First impressions mean everything.
  • If you think you're not a n00b, you probably should have someone assure that. Someone well known, like Badspot, or Aloshi, or entrepreneur in, or whoever you can reach at the time of your clan creation.
  • It's probably best to make a large calender of clan activities, or get some partitions of your clan for activities like DMs and Racing, among others.

Now some from Ladios, because I said so

• 1. Don't steal clan acronyms.
  • 2. Actually give info about the clan in the clan's topic.
  • 3. Don't start a clan if you are the only person willing to join it.
  • 4. Don't start a clan if you have been playing blockland for less than a month.
  • 5. Don't put people into your clan without consulting them (in other words don't just randomly add Facechild to your member list)
  • 6. Do not name your clan anything to do with cookies or cookie monster and spam cookies/cookie monsters
  • 7. DO NOT NAME CLANS AFTER YOURSELF
  • 8. Do not make your clan spontaneously (unless your an experianced member)
  • 9. We already have 3 ninja clans that want you to join them. DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER
  • 10. No Halo
  • 11. If your clan does not have a dedicated server, do not spam people asking for one
  • 12. If you have been playing for more than a month, but still no one knows about you, do not make a clan
  • 13. Clan wars are teh suck
  • 14. Do not make anti-clans (in other words, just because USSR banned you for spamming doesn't mean you start an NATO clan)
  • 15. Make your clans original, building clans can be good but they get boring.
  • 16. Do no make a clan, close it, make another, close that, and make another, all within a ten minute period
  • 17. Meme themed clans never last
  • 18. Spend more than 10 second writing your clan topic post.
  • 19. Badspot left the clan discussion as one fo the few places one can still edit, USE THIS AND DON'T SPAM CLANS
  • 20. "im neu 2 dis gaym" is not an excuse for a clan being bad.
These are just guidelines, if you don't have one or two of these, it's fine, but the top one is totally needed.

Also let it be known that these are just my opinions on what clans should do. If you think you have better ideas, than go ahead, I'm not taking the blame if your clan sucks. Well, really, I guess I won't be taking the blame even if it rocks. But it'd be nice to have a mention in your clan post if you happen to use this guideline.

UPDATE1; Yes I updated it on the 6th view. Shut up about it. I added another rule, not to be mean, but to give another guideline.
UPDATE2; Thank god Ladios is here. And I lengthened the post.

I just wanted to post this so people wouldn't post crappy, one-shot clans, without knowing they'll be overrun/flamed.

Also, I know this has been done before, but I couldn't find it (I didn't really try, XD) so I simply made a new one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:01:52 PM by Bushido »

Sticky, Maybe...

Anyway, Nice, good info for new players want to create a clan, i'm going to be creating one myself soon.

I think.

Bump... FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

dude i already did somethign like this:
  • 1. Don't steal clan acronyms.
  • 2. Actually give info about the clan in the clan's topic.
  • 3. Don't start a clan if you are the only person willing to join it.
  • 4. Don't start a clan if you have been playing blockland for less than a month.
  • 5. Dont put people into your clan without consulting them (in other words don't jsut randomly add facechild to your member list)
  • 6. Do not name your clan anything to do with cookies or cookie monster and spam cookies/cookie monsters
  • 7. DO NOT NAME CLANS AFTER YOURSELF
  • 8. Do not make your clan spontainiously (unless your an experianced member)
  • 9. We already have 3 ninja clans that want you to join them. DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER
  • 10. no halo
  • 11. If your clan does not have a dedicated server, do not spam people asking for one
  • 12. If you have been playing for more than a month, but still no one knows about you, do not make a clan
  • 13. Clan wars are teh suck
  • 14. Do not make anti-clans (in other words, jsut because ussr banned you for spamming doesnt mean you start an NATO clan)
  • 15. make your clans original, building clans can be good but they get boring.
  • 16. Do no make a clan, close it, make another, close that, and make another, all within a ten minute period
  • 17. Meme themed clans never last
  • 18. Spend more than 10 second writing your clan topic post.
  • 19. Badspot left the clan discussion as one fo the few places one can still edit, USE THIS AND DONT SPAM CLANS
  • 20. "im neu 2 dis gaym" is not an excuse for a clan being bad.

Add them both together and lets get it Stickied this time, To many people make clans that wont last the week basicly because they have no format what so ever.

Bump for great justice. This really, really needs to be stickied, and burned into the brains of all beginners to BL.

Bump for great justice. This really, really needs to be stickied, and burned into the brains of all beginners to BL.

Agree'd

Probably won't get sticky'd

Maybe we should just bump it secrestly all the time :P

These are great guidelines, and i strongly advise anyone wanting to make a new clan to implement at least a few of these however are not necessary.

if a noob wants a noob clan with noob members with noob threads/posts/topics/whatever then they should quickly avoid reading this.  noobie cookie power to the noobs.

my opinion, all noobs read this immediately.

• If you can, try to get a few people in your clan before actually postingiton the forums..

Irony.
Sorry for the double post, reflex to hit "reply".

• If you can, try to get a few people in your clan before actually postingiton the forums..

Irony.
Sorry for the double post, reflex to hit "reply".

Just a common Typo