Author Topic: LEGO Minifigures Online and LEGO Chima Online  (Read 3861 times)

So, another LEGO MMO is coming.

http://www.funcom.com/games/lego

23 minutes of gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4b3T_uOtb4

tl;dr version, it looks something like a free to play LEGO version of Diablo with a dash of Skylanders. You can buy real LEGO minifigures and the packets will include codes that you play as them in-game.

Oh, and there's also LEGO Chima Online (currently in open beta), which is similar but isn't tied into physical LEGO sets as much, is a lot more clunky, and all the characters are furries: https://na.chimaonline.com/

Kinda odd that LEGO is trying again with not one, but two new MMOs so soon after their first one (LEGO Universe) fell flat.

this wont last long. i hope.

it will go down like lego universe

The lego universe developers were moaning in a youtube comment thread, About Funcom making the game out of all of the things they made.

I heard about this...

Lego Universe II in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:10:14 PM by Mounds Bar »

The lego universe developers were moaning in a youtube comment thread, About Funcom making the game out of all of the things they made.
If you had spent six years working on a game, with tons of new content and features just around the corner, when suddenly the game was shut down and you lost your job without warning, only to have LEGO give your hard work to another developer a couple of months later, I can't imagine you'd be that thrilled either.

The reason LEGO Universe failed wasn't because of the game as a game, it was because of the marketing.

I'm really excited for this, but hopefully they won't overprice this one.

I'm really excited for this, but hopefully they won't overprice this one.
It's gonna be free to play, though you can purchase real minifigures in stores, with the packets containing special codes that let you play as your new minifigure in-game. Think Skylanders or Disney Infinity, but with little plastic LEGO dudes. Or you could just kill bosses in hopes that they'll eventually randomly drop the minifigure you want, but considering there's gonna be nearly a hundred of them in the game at launch...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:45:35 PM by jamesster »

LEGO Chima looks like crap. But LEGO Minifigures looks pretty fun, the biggest downside would be physical toys as your characters. Have a dog who likes to eat? Don't play near him!

It's gonna be free to play, though you can purchase real minifigures in stores, with the packets containing special codes that let you play as your new minifigure in-game. Think Skylanders or Disney Infinity, but with little plastic LEGO dudes. Or you could just kill bosses in hopes that they'll eventually randomly drop the minifigure you want, but considering there's gonna be nearly a hundred of them in the game at launch...

It reminds me of the Webkinz scheme in a way. It really depends how much these minifigures would cost. Webkinz used to be where you'd buy a stuffed animal and you'd have a membership, now they have a deluxe membership along with the stuffed animal pets.

It reminds me of the Webkinz scheme in a way. It really depends how much these minifigures would cost. Webkinz used to be where you'd buy a stuffed animal and you'd have a membership, now they have a deluxe membership along with the stuffed animal pets.
They're $3 each, packed in blind bags (though feeling the bags out to know what's inside is pretty easy).

If this is gonna be anything like Lego Universe, I can't wait. And this time, I'll have a computer that it will run well on. And it's free to play. :P