Ads on the forum

Author Topic: Ads on the forum  (Read 26242 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm testing out having ads on the forum.  The ads will show as the first reply to every thread.  Ads will only show for guests and members with no Blockland ID.  The point is to monetize free loaders, not double dip.  

UPDATE: If you really want to see ads, you can turn them on via your profile settings
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:04:15 PM by Badspot »

Members with no BL_ID? How did they register?

For those who wonder what it looks like:

(sry for finnish ad)

Previous accounts with no key registering after the key requirement update.

Or he might be loosening the id restrictions for the steam release.

Ad Bot's gonna rake in lods of emone.

Why not in Development?

Why not in Development?
because
this is mainly related to the forum
not the game itself

Edit: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=175975.0
wait nvm
but still

Pretty neat.

Any chance you could add a setting for people who have already purchased the game to manually enable ads, maybe to support the game even more?
Edit:
You can now turn on ads via the profile settings.  Also fixed the background color on even numbered pages.
Thanks, enabled.

But why does it still say "Full members do not see ads" even if we manually enabled it?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:45:38 PM by dargereldren »

Pretty neat.

Any chance you could add a setting for people who have already purchased the game to manually enable ads, maybe to support the game even more?
I would enable it, I'm sure some people would do the same.

You can still register an account without an id, you just have to buy and register a key before you can post with the account

I would enable it, I'm sure some people would do the same.
It's not like it impacts people browsing the forums that much, why not just fit ads into the white spaces of the forums