Author Topic: Client_Sharp - Sharper shadows for blockland!  (Read 8906 times)

This addon takes the shadow configuration that you are on and makes it a little bit sharper and less pixelated, you have to atleast be running shadows at a good FPS, or this might boggle down your fps a bit.
Credits:
Jasa - for basic console commands
Me - compiling code into addon
Pecon - perfecting a few lines of code
TeeOS - helping with syntax errors
Marble Man - helping with a line of code
Screenshots:

As you can see the shadows are less pixely and a little more sharper, and more beautiful c: .

Download
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:05:46 PM by [Maxx] »

post pictures of lower shadow resolutions

Low looks the same as maximum, and anything after low is just 3 or more pixels being removed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:52:15 PM by TeeOS »

Could have been done better.

Code: [Select]
package sharpShadows
{
function OptionsDlg::setShaderQuality(%this, %level)
{
parent::setShaderQuality(%this, %level);
sharp();
}
};
activatepackage(sharpshadows);
sharp();

^^ Add that to make it more automatic.

Low Shaders:
Could have been done better.

Code: [Select]
package sharpShadows
{
function OptionsDlg::setShaderQuality(%this, %level)
{
parent::setShaderQuality(%this, %level);
sharp();
}
};
activatepackage(sharpshadows);
sharp();

^^ Add that to make it more automatic.
yeah but we dont need all that extra stuff
all you need to do if you want to change your shader settings is type sharp(); in the console
i dont see a point for that extra stuffs, and besides the sharper shadows run automatically when the game is run

What.

Literally no proper add-on should require the user to input console commands. That's the whole point of packaging it as an add-on rather than just copying code into the console directly.

What.

Literally no proper add-on should require the user to input console commands. That's the whole point of packaging it as an add-on rather than just copying code into the console directly.
Just peep into the client.cs and edit the code a little bit so that you dont need to type sharp(); in the console
instead of making a whole new code

Just peep into the client.cs and edit the code a little bit so that you dont need to type sharp(); in the console
instead of making a whole new code

The point of releasing it in Add-Ons instead of Modification Discussion is to have the player not need to tweak code, they just have to put it in the add-ons folder and they're done with it.

someone fix the whole thing (un-nest it and add in the package) and make maxx upload it

someone fix the whole thing (un-nest it and add in the package) and make maxx upload it
Basically just did this on steam. I think he'll have it down in a minute.

so who wrote this?

Jasa - for basic console commands
Me - Editing some lines of the base code, kinda.
Pecon - perfecting a few lines of code
TeeOS - helping with syntax errors
Marble Man - helping with a line of code

never states the main author and we all know you aren't smart enough to actually script something

so who wrote this?

never states the main author and we all know you aren't smart enough to actually script something
jasa gave the basic console commands in my first topic about sharp shadows since it got loving stupid that shadows in blockland made your shadows look really pixelated and kinda forgeted up
then later on teeos and me tried to package it into stuff and we constantly got syntax errors and it never worked
so we get marble man and he helps with stuff and that is when it turns into the first version
then pecon adds more lines of code and gives me the peices of code
so basically it was a group that helped make the addon, but i compiled the addon and put the code into the client.cs and stuff.

it'd be better if you weren't rude.

Max what the forget. Everyone in the S+R thread had to baby you for this mod, you did absolutely nothing aside from putting that stuff in a folder and taking credit

Max what the forget. Everyone in the S+R thread had to baby you for this mod, you did absolutely nothing aside from putting that stuff in a folder and taking credit
i only took credit for placing the stuff in the folder, and actually starting the project
i never took credit for like everything