Char's Mini-Comics and other art (have you practiced your holy counter today?)

Author Topic: Char's Mini-Comics and other art (have you practiced your holy counter today?)  (Read 386947 times)

gotta melt fast
melting at the speed of sound
fastest lollipop around

wait char is that you in those pics?
you look a lot older than your age.

wait char is that you in those pics?
you look a lot older than your age.

no that's my brother and his girlfriend

no that's my brother and his girlfriend
ah alright I wasn't paying attention :/

(also I wanna remove descriptive urls but i can't find the option :/)
you can backspace the end of the URL manually and it'll still work

you can backspace the end of the URL manually and it'll still work

i just don't want em in the first place

random rpg thingy

so here's what the battle actions menu thingy will probably look like

top- guard
left- special
right- item
bottom- flee

i'll probably change the flee icon but this is basically it
the special actions I said earlier will go under special since why wouldn't they cost SP??? i'm dumb
i'm not sure if I will have the option to use/pass an item before or after you select an item though
and with this I would have player hp/sp on top of it and the selected action would stay highlighted so you know what you chose for each character

also I think I know how I want AGI to work
so imagine a gridded line
all the player characters and enemies fall on the line, and go towards one end
once they reach the end, that's their turn and so after their action they would go back a certain amount of spaces on the grid
there's a certain base amount (maybe action-specific?) that you would go back, and each AGI point would take off 1.5 (meaning that sometimes, you would have a 50% chance of moving back only, say, 62 instead of 63 or something)
i dunno.

also I'm considering maybe special weapon-specific attacks that you could learn somehow
maybe at like a dojo or something idk but yeah
and obviously that would fall under special attacks

Interesting idea on the AGI-system. You'll probably have spells like haste and slow, that make characters or monsters move faster or slower on the grid?

Interesting idea on the AGI-system. You'll probably have spells like haste and slow, that make characters or monsters move faster or slower on the grid?

Yeah, obviously.
I mean I would in the first place, but now I guess it's a bit more useful.

Speaking of which, I think if your AGI is high enough, you could go twice in a row.
Maybe on the second action, you would go back 1.5x as much.

and also maybe I'll add a thing where your critical hit chance goes up like 8% at low HP, and then 24% at low HP and last surviving party member.
why those numbers? i dunno

You could increase those numbers by a little and make it an ability one of the characters can have.

You could increase those numbers by a little and make it an ability one of the characters can have.

Hm, I suppose.
But then again, I think it makes more sense to be a universal ability, especially since it's supposed to be a thing that is helpful in a pinch.
And I'm thinking maybe if I really wanted to, I could make a list of holidays and NPC dialogue and sometimes town tilesets would change depending on the holiday. I think Game Maker has a thing where you can read the PC's time settings. I really doubt anyone would play for one year to figure out when all the holidays are, so I'd be fine if someone just adjusted the time to find it. It's not like anything major happens.
But I should probably think about more important details than that first...

Wow, is it just me, or am I talking really stilted English right now?
Hrm. It's a weird habit I have, like I go into that mode sometimes and I don't know why.

Sometimes stuff like this really amuses me.

Next comic is the 50th comic. Wow, when I started the thread, I didn't think it'd take so long to reach that.
I think I'll close art requests for a while, though. I mean, I haven't really done any in a while, and it's mean to keep them on hold like that. I'll reopen it at a later date, though.
Though, the three people that did PM me requests will get theirs. That doesn't mean that you'll get a request if you PM me.
I GUESS you could still post a request if you wanted, but I'd probably only draw it if I really liked the design.

aww, no requests

should've pm'd you lol

gotta love those birdies