Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120577 times)

Is the new ptg going to be more user friendly than its older version and will it have support for modter of the 8x 1/4 height variants?
Yes, the new GUI will be desiged to be as user-friendly as possibly, with the manual built into the GUI itself (each GUI option will have it's own help button, which when clicked, will bring up reference pics and info about that specific option). Also, instead of having every option layed out on one page, they will be divided into separate sections: basic, additions, presets and advanced. I'm also planning to have it auto-adapt to various ModTer sizes (it already does so for cube bricks to some extent).

Is there an IS event to force close the GUI?  If not, and if possible, can you please make one?
Not yet, but I'll include that in v5; that's actually a better idea than making a script to autoclose it.

http://prntscr.com/35d8nc Ugh,It won't work.
Okay, I'll post a mirror link soon then.

WOAH. AWESOMENESS! This is LITTERALLY what I've been needing!

Downloading!

Great! Glad you found it useful. :)

Hey, there's an annoying thing where when your player has an ISBackPack anywhere in their inventory, and you click while in orb mode, it opens the backpack, regardless of what slot you have selected.

Pretty annoying.
I actually did that on purpose encase you're over-encumbered / in orbit mode; I though it was more convenient, but I'll consider an alternative for v5.

It was convenient when over-encumbered, but it makes orbing fast while carrying a backpack not efficient.

If you can designate the two, then that would be fantastic.

It was convenient when over-encumbered, but it makes orbing fast while carrying a backpack not efficient.

If you can designate the two, then that would be fantastic.
Sure, I'll see what I can do; I tried to differentiate between the two situations for v4, but wasn't sure how.

http://prntscr.com/35d8nc Ugh,It won't work.
A mirror download link has been included in the OP on the first page. Here is the new link using DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xs26nire2jhj4i/System_ItemStorage.zip

Update: I'm taking a break from updating PTG and will do some work on the v5 update for Item Storage. Here's what I'm planning:
  • Event for closing the GUI (useful encase a player travels too far from a storage brick while the inventory GUI is open).
  • Event for spawning a stack of items as a single, physical item (to be picked up by player's with the backpack).
  • Player-based events so weapon add-ons can reference items in a player's backpack as ammo (similar to how MC uses arrows for the bow in a player's inventory).
  • Remove references to RTB and instead reference this topic for downloading the add-on.
  • Try to fix backpack GUI popping up while F8-ing.
  • Event for checking conditions if player's don't wish to use VCE vars (i.e. checking if a player has the mod download, has a backpack, etc.)
  • Change name of the hasMod VCE var to hasISMod.
I'll also try to finally include the Event Examples for the OP. Keeping items relative to backpacks will have to wait for v6.

Also, someone asked me for a download link to PTG, so I'll post it here encase anyone else needs it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqihfzs08cat6l/System_PTG.zip

Sure, I'll see what I can do; I tried to differentiate between the two situations for v4, but wasn't sure how.
I'm glad you tried to figure that out.  It's appreciated.

Update: I'm taking a break from updating PTG and will do some work on the v5 update for Item Storage. Here's what I'm planning:
  • Event for closing the GUI (useful encase a player travels too far from a storage brick while the inventory GUI is open).
Probably should just make it an output.  For Server-wide bins accessible by /command, it makes it easier if it's just an output to be used with zones or something.
  • Event for spawning a stack of items as a single, physical item (to be picked up by player's with the backpack).
THAT would be cool!
  • Player-based events so weapon add-ons can reference items in a player's backpack as ammo (similar to how MC uses arrows for the bow in a player's inventory).
Revolutionary to Blockland, yet again, my friend!
  • Remove references to RTB and instead reference this topic for downloading the add-on.
It's sad to see it go!
  • Try to fix backpack GUI popping up while F8-ing.
Thanks
  • Event for checking conditions if player's don't wish to use VCE vars (i.e. checking if a player has the mod download, has a backpack, etc.)
Neat!
  • Change name of the hasMod VCE var to hasISMod.
Excellent!
[/list]I'll also try to finally include the Event Examples for the OP. Keeping items relative to backpacks will have to wait for v6.
Good things happening here yet again!

Good things happening here yet again!
You know it! I could use some feedback though because most of what's on that list can be finished within only a few hours.

I was planning to make the force close GUI event just an output. For instance, if you leave a zone or touch a brick, it'll close the GUI (onLeaveZone -> Player -> IS_ForceCloseGUI). That would be sufficient? The only problem though is that if a player is only accessing their backpack, it'll close that GUI too. I could try to differentiate between the two, but then again, you could use VCE vars or the new conditional event for that...

Also, for the event for spawning item stacks - would it be better to simply modify an existing item on a brick to have a stack value, or to setup output parameters to choose the item and stack value?

As far as the force close, that's just fine.

As far as the items stack spawning, do you mean like an extra parameter on the wrench menu?

Okay great, and I mean adding another parameter for the output of the event. For instance, let's say you spawn a hammer on a brick. Should the item-stack spawn event simply add a stack value to the hammer, or allow you to change the item and set the stack limit for the new item? I know there is an event already that allows you to set the item for a brick, but still.

Edit: I think I'll stick to just adding a stack value to an already existing item.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:11:55 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Good choice.

Man, I wish this could be default.

Good choice.

Man, I wish this could be default.
Yeah, me too. I'm kinda disappointed more people don't use it - they probably see it as too complex. If I ever get to those video manuals, I'm sure that would help.

V5 is close to being finished!
  • Event for closing the GUI. (BASICALLY DONE! The new IS_ForceInvGUI event includes options for closing just the backpack GUI, closing all inventory GUIs or even opening a player's backpack GUI, depending.)
  • Event for spawning a stack of items as a single, physical item. (DONE! The IS_SetBrItemStack event automatically checks if an item has been spawned on a brick, then sets the stack limit you specify, including random values; functionality for picking up stacks is already built in from v4.)
  • Player-based events so weapon add-ons can reference items in a player's backpack as ammo. (Still debating this feature; it may have to wait until v6 as I'm planning on completely re-working the saving system.)
  • Update text to v5, Remove references to RTB, and instead reference this topic for downloading the add-on.(DONE!)
  • Try to fix backpack GUI popping up while F8-ing. (DONE! The script now checks if the camera is orbiting an object before opening the backpack GUI, thus preventing it from popping-up while using F8.)
  • Event for checking conditions if player's don't wish to use VCE vars. (DONE! Just needs to be completely tested. The IS_ifPlyrSrvr event includes 13 conditions to check for, and executes ISConditionTrue/False, depending.)
  • Change name of the hasMod VCE var to hasISMod. (DONE!)
  • Include Event Examples in OP.
  • Update Manual and possibly include a quick-reference manual?.
  • Look into issue with apply changes to avatar.
  • Update IS_ClearItem event to include an option for clearing a certain amount of items per stack, instead of just entire stacks.
  • Include an IS_ClearStack event for clearing a certain amount of items relative to all stacks in an inventory.
  • Include color gauge for encumbrance - for GUI backpack and chat-based server command.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:54:23 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

can I remove a specific amount of items from a stack instead of having to clear it all with IS_ClearItem?

Not  as of yet, but I can include the functionality in the next update.

Not  as of yet, but I can include the functionality in the next update.
that'd be great :)

this is amazing! so much can be done with this. If possible, do you think you can script it to have the bags be able to carry idividual bricks, and not just pick-up-able items?

Thanks! It's definitely possible, especially if I include a new GUI for updating your bricks menu. There are actually a lot of new features I would like to include, but we'll see.

dude this is a good add on.