Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120102 times)

I had v5 for a long time. What happened with all that stuff? (I had to delete that add-on because of too much memory taken. My choice was to reset the computer.)

I had v5 for a long time. What happened with all that stuff? (I had to delete that add-on because of too much memory taken. My choice was to reset the computer.)
How did you get v5? o_0 It's still in development, but I'm planning some big changes for the next update (such as greatly improve saving/loading system, keeping items relative to specific backpack items, etc.), so it'll take awhile to release. Progress is stalled for now though due to other projects.

Here's Something to add!
A Setting to make it where the Backpack does not show! (needs EXTREMELY!)

You mean an option to disable the backpack inventory, or even not to require to item for storage? Both already included :)

I think he meant not show on your back

Oh okay, I'll consider that for the next update then; thanks for the suggestion.

Is there a way to make a player lose their item contents when they die?

Yes, under the backpack category near the top of the Server Settings GUI, there is an option for clearing a player's backpack items on death.

Yes, under the backpack category near the top of the Server Settings GUI, there is an option for clearing a player's backpack items on death.
What about dropping items from the pack on death? Not just clearing it.

That's not a feature just yet, sorry. I'll consider adding that as well for v5.

Maybe add a way to set certain items to be in a player's backpack by default? That would be neat.

Okay, great idea. For now though, you should be able to use events to add specific (or random) items to each player's backpack, i.e. when they respawn, etc.

Ideas for v5:
-Pneumatic Piping system for transporting items
-Greatly improved and more efficient saving / loading system
-Support for using the item stacking feature as ammo for weapons
-Keep items relative to each backpack item
-Simplified encumbrance system
-Item durability (?)
-Option to hide a player's backpack
-Option to drop all items from a player's backpack on death
-Event (?) for setting the default inventory of a player(s) backpack
-Event for spawning a stack of items as a single, physical item
-Event for closing inventory GUIs
-Event for checking conditions if player's don't wish to use VCE var
-Event for clearing a certain amount of items per stack, entire stacks of an item, or a certain amount of items in general.
-Fix backpack GUI popping up while F8-ing
-Change name of the hasMod VCE var to hasISMod
-More event examples and video tutorials (?)
-Remove RTB references
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:50:16 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Okay, great idea. For now though, you should be able to use events to add specific (or random) items to each player's backpack, i.e. when they respawn, etc.
Just have one storage save off to the side, put desired contents, then have events to reset player's backpacks to match it. Adventure maps, DM, even racing could use it.
Now THAT would be useful. Also admin only for that event.
(input)>player/client>SetISInventory>[Drop down menu of available storage saves]

Just have one storage save off to the side, put desired contents, then have events to reset player's backpacks to match it. Adventure maps, DM, even racing could use it.
Now THAT would be useful. Also admin only for that event.
(input)>player/client>SetISInventory>[Drop down menu of available storage saves]
That's a great idea. Maybe I could also alter the copy inventory event to work with backpack's as well, and not just bricks.

You could add a "cleaner" Encumbrance System. By clean I mean not overwriting other playertypes by health. i.e. compatable with Pecon7's Boss Playertypes.