☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120116 times)

You could add a "cleaner" Encumbrance System. By clean I mean not overwriting other playertypes by health. i.e. compatable with Pecon7's Boss Playertypes.
Oh, it does overwrite other player types? It shouldn't because when you're over-encumbered, you just go into orbit cam mode. I don't remember using any custom player types.

Can confirm that there are no playertypes or anything else of the sort in here.

I might be wrong. But just for a better version then, you should make the character walk slower but without overwriting any playertypes so that way for instance you can use Pecon's Boss Playertypes since you can't get health passed 1000. Again, unless if I'm wrong do correct me but usually playetypes screw up health with other playertypes. See if you can slow down the player by lets say 60% while you could have a certain playertype like Boss 1500 and still have your health while you are slowed down.

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this previously, but when I use this and a hat mod the hat is removed upon closing the options or avatar menu.
Dunno if this has been looked into, but a fix would be nice.

I think it overwrites welding. I am not sure.

I might be wrong. But just for a better version then, you should make the character walk slower but without overwriting any playertypes so that way for instance you can use Pecon's Boss Playertypes since you can't get health passed 1000. Again, unless if I'm wrong do correct me but usually playetypes screw up health with other playertypes. See if you can slow down the player by lets say 60% while you could have a certain playertype like Boss 1500 and still have your health while you are slowed down.
I thought about using custom playertypes in the past version when encumbrance was introduced, but I don't think there is any easy way to include them without conflicting with other add-ons. I tried also spawning a physical zone that followed players around when over-encumbered, which worked fairly well and would gradually slow players down depending on their overall weight, except it conflicted with other physical zones like water. So, I'm not sure how to improve the encumbrance system - the orbitcam-method seems like the best solution.

That shouldn't be too hard to fix; the issue is with a function I packaged when closing the avatar customization GUI. I'll look into how the hat mod works and add support for it. I won't be able to start on the next update for awhile though.

omg 22 pages i just read 1st 1 also im new to blockland forums

Bump!

I'm resuming work on v5 now. So far, here is what I'm hoping to include for the next update (I've already made progress on most of these features):
+Various backpack models and backpack inventory sizes
+Ability to store items relative to a specific backpack item
+Option for dropping the backpack, it's contents, and the player's inventory on death
+Item durability system (toggleable)
+GUI aesthetic improvements
+Greatly simplified, organized and efficient scripts
+New, improved saving system that saves brick and backpack saves during a set time duration, instead of each time an inventory is updated
+New input and output events
+Address recent issues
+External add-on ammo support (to use item-stacking as an ammo system)
+And many other new features / changes.

I'm also planning on removing some unnecessary features from v4 in order to simplify the add-on, such as the option to allow limited event functionality if players don't have the add-on. Here's what I'm thinking of so far for the new GUIs (still a work in progress):

sounds great! looking forward to it

Thanks guys! I'm not sure about a release date just yet, but this update shouldn't take too long.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:47:21 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I have high hopes for v5. I noticed in v4 there were 2 major bugs: Broken bot names and the pack image not dismounting when you switch to it as the current item. Of course I fixed these myself because I desperately needed my bot names back lol.

I am glad you are still working on this. The GUI looks nifty and I love that your gonna be simplifying it, I always felt there were a bit too many events.

As for durability: Will it be for all items or only specificly named UI items? Say I want the pickaxe and hatchet to break, but not other items. Would this be a feature to consider, or will there be "global item durability" ?

Keep up the good work GSF, this mod is essential to Blockland!

i love this so much

lol