Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120120 times)

I have high hopes for v5. I noticed in v4 there were 2 major bugs: Broken bot names and the pack image not dismounting when you switch to it as the current item. Of course I fixed these myself because I desperately needed my bot names back lol.

I am glad you are still working on this. The GUI looks nifty and I love that your gonna be simplifying it, I always felt there were a bit too many events.

As for durability: Will it be for all items or only specificly named UI items? Say I want the pickaxe and hatchet to break, but not other items. Would this be a feature to consider, or will there be "global item durability" ?

Keep up the good work GSF, this mod is essential to Blockland!
Oh, how did you fix it? I thought that was part of an update Badspot included that changed bot names. And thanks, I'll probably include an event and third-party function for using item durability. That way, only specific items will use it - I think that's the best way to incorporate it.

If there are too many events, I could include only certain events with the add-on, and have the rest as a second add-on.

It was back on page 20 or so I mentioned the bot name thing and provided a screeny. WOW its been a while since then and I didn't even notice! Time flies O.O

Also, I spent an hour and a half making this backpack. I suck at modeling lol but I just really wanted to see if I could make one :p

For some reason the normals on the zipper-pocket-thing are reversed O.o

As for the events there really isn't that many that its bothersome, I just felt they could be simplified a bit kinda like you said
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:20:35 AM by Goth77 »

It was back on page 20 or so I mentioned the bot name thing and provided a screeny. WOW its been a while since then and I didn't even notice! Time flies O.O

Also, I spent an hour and a half making this backpack. I suck at modeling lol but I just really wanted to see if I could make one :p

[pic]

For some reason the normals on the zipper-pocket-thing are reversed O.o

As for the events there really isn't that many that its bothersome, I just felt they could be simplified a bit kinda like you said
I like it. :) If you're having issue with inverted normals on faces in Blender, you can select that face and invert it. Or, you can select to recalculate all normals at once. But yeah, not bad. I'm thinking about including different kinds of backpacks, like the Medieval one that's already included, school bag, camping bag, etc., so need ideas for different models lol.

As for the events, yeah I'll try to simplify them then - like combine certain ones if possible.

Add support and events for storing items in vehicles?

A functional delivery vehicle would be cool.

That's actually already possible. All you need is an OnVehicle Activated input event, and then you can access a brick's inventory from a vehicle.

I like it. :) If you're having issue with inverted normals on faces in Blender, you can select that face and invert it. Or, you can select to recalculate all normals at once. But yeah, not bad. I'm thinking about including different kinds of backpacks, like the Medieval one that's already included, school bag, camping bag, etc., so need ideas for different models lol.

I knew about flipping the mesh and that seemed like too much work after combining all the meshes for one solid model. Its a good thing I had a back up save of that model lol. I recalculated normals and it looks great! Thank you so much! I love the idea of different backpacks

i know its not a big deal but it would be EXTRA cool if you could put weapons with ammo in the backpacks without the variable for ammo being messed up... (it stays on the players %slot not in the %item, due to the nature of ammo...), if you could fix that it'd be great (idk about stacking weapons with ammo though, maby make a script to detect the %item.ammocount variable, and tell the script not to stack such weapons) also this would be nice because weapon mods variables are stored the same way in my weapon pack :P

I knew about flipping the mesh and that seemed like too much work after combining all the meshes for one solid model. Its a good thing I had a back up save of that model lol. I recalculated normals and it looks great! Thank you so much! I love the idea of different backpacks
No problem!

i know its not a big deal but it would be EXTRA cool if you could put weapons with ammo in the backpacks without the variable for ammo being messed up... (it stays on the players %slot not in the %item, due to the nature of ammo...), if you could fix that it'd be great (idk about stacking weapons with ammo though, maby make a script to detect the %item.ammocount variable, and tell the script not to stack such weapons) also this would be nice because weapon mods variables are stored the same way in my weapon pack :P
That would be great, but it might be a little much to include in this update lol.

Update: I released a new video tutorial (with commentary) on how to install the add-on and to get it working in the game, due to a request I got on YouTube. You can watch the video here: http://youtu.be/7L_76TnNHjc I'll be releasing new video tutorials for v4 very soon, that will go in-depth on how everything works. I'll also release new tutorials for v5 when it's released, and will be uploading more commentary videos for other games, so please consider subscribing!

Also, I've made more progress on v5. The core functionality for the new backpack-relative item system (and the improved inventory saving system) are now working to a certain extent. Loading brick information and items for the brick / backpack inventories is also working now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:32:59 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Have you made it possible for player to kill another player with a backpack that had items in it, then the player picks up the backpack and finds the items?

Yes, the new inventory saving system adds a relative ID to each backpack item you save items too, so that when you drop a backpack item, store it in a brick, pick it up, etc., it keeps track of all the items for that ID.

really should fix the node problem for v5!

when i use a helmet/vest item/a hat from a hat mod, this backpack takes it off the player.

really should fix the node problem for v5!

when i use a helmet/vest item/a hat from a hat mod, this backpack takes it off the player.
Yeah, I'm planning to look into how the hat mods work to fix any issues with them for v5. I think it may just be in how I packaged the server command when applying avatar settings, so hopefully should be easy to fix.

Sorry about the lack of updates lately guys, I relaunched my YouTube channel as a gaming /commentary channel, and have kinda been preoccupied with that. I have made more progress though, and will post another update soon!

Can someone tell me where to download VCE? I like this add-on.

Hey, it seems like the new update really screwed this mod up. Chat messages such as stating when an administrator joins a server, and when someone commits Self Delete are randomly omitted from chat.

Hey, it seems like the new update really screwed this mod up. Chat messages such as stating when an administrator joins a server, and when someone commits Self Delete are randomly omitted from chat.

If you watch the video GSF posted above, he even spawns without any admin messages because of this mod.