☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120989 times)

can you make a user friendly crafting system?
KING OF PAGE 25
BOW TO ME
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:52:15 PM by EnjoyedBen2002 »

I am planning on adding an easy-to-use interface for crafting in the next update. For the mean time however, you can setup a simple crafting system by saving brick inventories as the actual recipes. Then, when an item is added, removed or moved in the brick storage window, it'll check various recipes / inventory saves to see if it matches one of them.

I'm having trouble adding any of the mods with the right click. any suggestions?

I'm having trouble adding any of the mods with the right click. any suggestions?
You mean for installing add-ons? One option is to select the file by using and holding left-click over it, and then drag it into your Add-Ons folder. Or, you can move the file by right-clicking the add-on and selecting "Cut" from the pop up menu. Then, open your Add-Ons folder, select an empty space and right-click, and then select "Paste". Hope that helps
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:39:07 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Is there news for upcoming changes or updates?

There was an update in the works, but lately I've just been preoccupied with PTG. However, I was thinking for version 5 of Item Storage, instead of adding more features, I would simplify it and make it completely server-sided. Item Stacking, encumbrance, etc. would be removed, but brick and backpack inventories would work for all players on your server without them having to download the add-on themselves (I think I figured out a way to make this work). Direct support for crafting, smelting, fletching forging, etc. could also be added for RPG servers, and perhaps new backpack models with various storage sizes. Options for dropping backpack inventories on death, etc. would also be added.

Although, instead of having the update take away certain features of Item Storage, it could actually be released as a separate add-on, and then a small update could be released for Item Storage itself to make small fixes and improvements. This is just what I'm planning so far, but I can't start on the update for this add-on until PTG is released, so it'll still be awhile.

That's alright, thanks for the clarification. Good luck with your mods.

Looks like the preferences you put it in for item storage won't save after exiting the server, I do use quit();.

Looks like the preferences you put it in for item storage won't save after exiting the server, I do use quit();.
Strange, I just checked it and there is an issue with saving GUI settings. I'm not sure what caused it, but that'll be fixed for the next update. In the mean time, try saving item settings first in the Item Manager GUI by clicking the "Manage Item Settings" button, then save the server settings; that should work for now.

Bump! I received a message recently regarding how to set up a crafting system using Item Storage events. Just encase anyone else needs help with this, I thought i'd give a quick tutorial on various ways to create one.

For shapeless crafting, you can use the IS_ifItemPresent output event to check all cells if certain items exist. You can also use the onISGUIMoveItem and onISGUIAddItem inputs to check if someone is attempting to craft something:

If both the hammer and wrench items are found in the brick's inventory window, it'll clear the inventory and replace them with the crafted item.

For shaped crafting, you can use IS_ifItemInCells to check specific cell ranges for certain items:

Another way is to save crafting recipes as brick inventories, then to match the current arrangement of items against these recipe saves:

If one of the inventories match, it'll clear the current brick's inventory with the relative item that was crafted.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:39:40 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

There was some game breaking bug with item storage that I had to stop using it, I forgot what.

I know there's an issue with death messages in chat, which is due to how one of the packages is set up. Once PTG is released, I'll work on updating / fixing any issues with Item Storage.

Looks like backpacks remove themselves once a player's datablock changes. I find this sort of bothering when I use the parkour player because it automatically sprints at one point, changing the datablock.

Looks like backpacks remove themselves once a player's datablock changes. I find this sort of bothering when I use the parkour player because it automatically sprints at one point, changing the datablock.
I'll look into it for the next update, thanks. I might be able to package the setDatablock() method for players, and then re-equip the backpack item (if the player has one) to their new datablock once it changes. That should allow players to keep the backpack item on their back, even when changing datablocks.