Hammereditor attacks RTB servers - The discussion thread

Author Topic: Hammereditor attacks RTB servers - The discussion thread  (Read 57704 times)

So the issues we were having were unfortunately a malicious attack. Even more unfortunate is the fact that the source ip address is hammereditor's home ip.
I've added appropriate firewall rules to all webservers to drop his incoming traffic and everything's returned to normal now. Sorry for the inconvenience folks.
Yeah, given the circumstances: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gD9mXc16
That's a small selection of connections (netstat output) from hammereditor's home IP opening connections to port 80 on the rtb webserver to max out the connection limit. I'd rather not discuss this any further in the thread but do feel free to take it over to drama and I'll be happy to discuss more.
and so here we are

for context, this is the same genius that fell for the old ?action=profile and dragged out the remaining 5 pages
he has a mysteriously kalphiter-like crusade against RTB, so it figures this'd happen eventually

buttmad?  better DDOS a moderator's hosting service

what a cigarette
what exactly is he gaining by futilely trying to ddos a loving lego hosting service?

lol
I don't even get why I liked this guy in the first place.

He must be trying to eliminate his hosting service competition.

quickly get the authorities

There goes any last shred of respect I had for him.
HE DIDN'T EVEN USE A VPN/PROXY TO TRY TO COVER HIS TRACKS, plus his sarcasm & hyperbole detector is FUBAR.

PACNETHOSTINGSERVICE.jpg

It's funny how my feelings of hammer went from "I have nothing against him" to "Wow, what an starfish" in a split second.

Hey charles, something's growing in the toilet tank this evening!

It's funny how my feelings of hammer went from "I have nothing against him" to "Wow, what an starfish" in a split second.

Hey charles, something's growing in the toilet tank this evening!
Apparently my texting shortcuts on my iPod is set to replace "peculiar" with "Hey charles, something's growing in the toilet tank this evening!"

blah blah i dont like editing gifs blah blah

hammereditor is ghostface, and ephialtes is that guy i guess.

I like where this thread is going, I feel bad for those who tried to respect hammer and his "hosting" service.