Author Topic: Spade's Arcade #7 - [WELCOME ALL]  (Read 21319 times)

no gambling In a Child Friendly gAme

how does this even work?
Hologram events, basically static shape manipulation in event form. If you want to check them out, heres a link to the mod discussion topic, however i haven't worked on them for a while, and the version in the topic isn't the version that will be on the server. The event format is slightly different, and theres holograms with collision. If your interested in making a game using these, i recommend you learn how to use them and get used to them using the beta version thats on that topic, then you can make the full version in the server.

Just a tip to make things easier for your self, when naming bricks for a project name then in this format:

[ProjectShortName]_[Part]_[Function]
For example:
BtlBlmp_Comp_GameStart
the reason i asked the original question was because there are aesthetic pieces in my game with at least 30 bricks per player, each named things such as "red_building_lvl0", and adding a [ProjectShortName] for each colored player AND type of building AND level would get a little complicated and tedious.

though what i'm getting you're saying is that all bricks are owned by me, so using a short project name is only if i plan on entering multiple arcade games?

what about VCE? i'm using several Player variables as well as some Brick variables stored to one specific brick, will those survive the server transfer and not mix into any other events?

apologies for the repetitive/onslaught of questions, i just want to make sure i don't submit something that immediately fails and i end up having to spend hours fixing, yikes. i'll answer most of my own questions later when the server goes up.

the reason i asked the original question was because there are aesthetic pieces in my game with at least 30 bricks per player, each named things such as "red_building_lvl0", and adding a [ProjectShortName] for each colored player AND type of building AND level would get a little complicated and tedious.
Those brick names are way too long. Use something like "NAME_bld_r_0". That way they will all be listed neatly as well.

though what i'm getting you're saying is that all bricks are owned by me, so using a short project name is only if i plan on entering multiple arcade games?
Pretty much. However I recommend you do it even if you only plan on doing one, as you might decide to make another.

what about VCE? i'm using several Player variables as well as some Brick variables stored to one specific brick, will those survive the server transfer and not mix into any other events?

VCE and Adv VCE is on the server. Brick variables will be lost if the server ever resets, or more precisely, the bricks removed. Player and Client variables are per brick group. That means that any player/client variables you use will not be accessible by any other player's bricks. This is vanilla VCE functionality. Also its worth noting that player variables are lost when the player is killed. Keep that in mind when making things with it.

What variables got forgeted when the player who evented them disconnected the server? I recall all of my VCE events just stuffting themselves whenever I left the server. Even the player variables.

Keep that in mind when making things with it.
the whole thing has a set-up and clean-up phase at the beginning and ending of each game. players click a ready button that creates their personal player variables, and brick variables are created for "global" use when all players are ready. all variables are simply overwritten at the beginning of the game anyways (set to zero), so it sounds like i should be all good if the server restarts. but if a player kills themselves or leaves in the middle of the game i'm not really sure what to do other than have a restart button. either way, thanks.

Here's a little tease of what's to come...

Thank you to ANT for the pictures!

Who's the other guy from hong kong? wanna hang?

Wow this looks Better than Last Years, as usual.
Keep up the good Work!