Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433051 times)

you're describing Stubbs the Zombie

wait forget

well there goes my idea

stuff i was about to post that and then i switched pages...

related for general use

I say "Pattern Theory" and people call me an insane handicap, but people keep posting that image like it's completely different.

is it rly

thought pattern theory was the thing you talked about with games teaching players

that's just about butchering your own ideas when trying to understand them and ending up with something that's 'been done before'

ohh i think i see what you're saying. the mechanics they're describing are part of that and are relevant in game design. i can see that ye
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:02:45 AM by otto-san »

the simpsons already did it

I read about Stubbs' gameplay and it sounds similar to hodot's idea, but not exactly like it

I often make stuff that would never work in the real world. Should I add an elevator down to the other part of the village, or just have lots and lots of stairs?

notice me senpai
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:28:49 PM by chrisbot6 »

lots and lots of stairs

I am in love with that tileset
did you make it?

lots and lots of stairs

I am in love with that tileset
did you make it?
I made MOST of it.

It's actually based off something that was posted on TigSource a few years ago as example art:

But I've heavily expanded, modified and added to it since I started the game's development:

Here's some pics that show more of our custom tiles (though possibly aren't as cool as the town I just posted):

Apologies for the page stretch, didn't want to blur that pixelly goodness.

The game itself is sort of an explorationy RPG sort of thing. There's nothing playable really finished at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:17:16 AM by chrisbot6 »

To me it looks like you just recolored a majority of an existing tile set.

chrisbot, your tileset kinda hurts my eyes
i can't tell what's the floor and what's the wall
too much contrast or something

working on things

so that's working which is cool. i don't plan to keep that art but it's fine for testing purposes

edit:
more progress on this thing

almost time to start putting it together

edit:
i did not know there were bots that would automagically retweet all #gamedev tweets. that's awesome.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:10:41 PM by otto-san »

The hell are you even making? Rofl. Looks cool though. What language / engine / framework / whatever?